The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MSD ignition box and I was planning on buying an MSD coil pretty soon. I went around to a couple of shops and a couple of them said they wouldn't install it on my car because it was a Nissan, and that I would just have problems with it. Is this true? What other pieces will I need to correctly install this if I have the coil and ignition box? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yesterday, someone posted not to get coils. I forgot who and why. Hope someone can help you out.
Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed a MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil on my 97' altima, It took just a couple of custom mounts. It runs great!! Only one problem, Check engine light! My solution, Cut the wire for the idiot light and installa toggle switch on it. Problem solved. Car runs like a clock. Even with 200540 miles on it! Hope this helps

·
It's Paid For.
307 Posts
I have run a Blaster SS coil for over a year now. I haven't had any problems and someday I will upgrade to an MSD ignition module too. You need to buy the tach adapter too.

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
726 Posts
jnt82 said:
I installed a MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil on my 97' altima, It took just a couple of custom mounts. It runs great!! Only one problem, Check engine light! My solution, Cut the wire for the idiot light and installa toggle switch on it. Problem solved. Car runs like a clock. Even with 200540 miles on it! Hope this helps
You CEL came on because you don't have the tach adapter

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
362 Posts
AltyDriver said:
You CEL came on because you don't have the tach adapter

Very true! I had the same problem with an MSD 6A and SS blaster coils, CEL keeps coming on and my technician was resetting my ECU to clear it :angry2: (about 6 times). Finally called MSD and they recommended the tach adapter and never had a problem since :D .

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have had my msd for over two years with no problems

I got the msd ignition box
msd blaster coil
tach adapter

no cel and a deffinite improvement
smooths everything out

·
Erect Member
4,582 Posts
ive got msd digital 6+, import blaster coil and holes drilled in my cap, lol. just now starting to work perfect again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts