The Nissan Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck I was already disappointed with the light output since early last year when driving down certain roads and when especially when it is raining it is worst then. Fog lights nor even the high beams helped. Maybe the high beams help a little but not much at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
With HIDs the output is much more broad, and denser. Everyone should do this. I really like the lights on my altima. I have 4300k morimoto hids.

·
Registered
90 Posts
can't afford those but ddm tuning 4300k =]
the distance is not doubled, but the sides are much more illuminated and the whole pattern is more even, if i could say, than the 2 hotspots the oem halogens does.

High beams are just good, no need to mess with that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What I have seen and felt is with HID bulb upgrade from Xenondepot is; its brighter but lacks distance. I am thinking now that Altima's halogen bulb were so weak they had to project it on its foot.
Now the question is can we adjust the beam to go further ahead, if so how?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even though other cars like the Camry came out to be poor or marginal, I used to own a 2014 Camry XLE and that car had much better light output than the Altima.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Stock halogen headlights on my 14 were beyond horrible.
I couldn't see anything with them, especially when it rained at night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree our lights suck I replaced mine with LED and also raised the beam up. it helped

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree our lights suck I replaced mine with LED and also raised the beam up. it helped
I have stock lights on a 2015 S trim. I pointed mine up as well the day after I bought my car. I made the dealer do it and they complained the whole time saying they had no other complaints. I put my foot down and said I'd accept any legal consequences. 2 techs and I got on youtube on my phone to figure out how we could adjust them since the recommended way requires you go though a hole on top and slowly move a wheel.

For those of you who need to adjust yours. Turn your steering wheel and pop the plastic cover back behind the headlight and you can get straight at the screw headed wheel that raises and lowers the light. I can't find the thread where I posted pics on this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have stock lights on a 2015 S trim. I pointed mine up as well the day after I bought my car. I made the dealer do it and they complained the whole time saying they had no other complaints. I put my foot down and said I'd accept any legal consequences. 2 techs and I got on youtube on my phone to figure out how we could adjust them since the recommended way requires you go though a hole on top and slowly move a wheel.

For those of you who need to adjust yours. Turn your steering wheel and pop the plastic cover back behind the headlight and you can get straight at the screw headed wheel that raises and lowers the light. I can't find the thread where I posted pics on this.
Don't blind me :( I remember plugging in my cheap hid I saw the screw =). maybe I should point it a bit more up

·
Registered
286 Posts

Don't blind me
I remember plugging in my cheap hid I saw the screw =). maybe I should point it a bit more up
Nobody has ever flashed me with their brights to tell me that they were pointed too high. I bought the car from a city dealership and they don't know what dark looks like. You can pull up to the garage door and aim them at the legal height. I'm driving so I don't have that information handy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nobody has ever flashed me with their brights to tell me that they were pointed too high. I bought the car from a city dealership and they don't know what dark looks like. You can pull up to the garage door and aim them at the legal height. I'm driving so I don't have that information handy.
SoCal u see random headlights.. purple to green... but I gotten high beam at... and :[. drive safe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts