The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freakin state trooper pulled me over and scanned my windows. I thought it was 18% but he scanned 11. That made my first day of school even better.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Derek,'

You have to take into account the car already comes with a very light tint in the windows. I know you may not be able to see it, but it is there. Thats why you got a lower reading then the tint that was put on. Just FYI from a Trooper;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Some of our guys use a small box the fits over the top of the window while it is down and it takes a reading of the tint, there are others that I have heard of but havent seen. They are accurate.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I got 20% tint which makes it really around 14% tint. M2 can you give me some advice on how not to get caught and get a ticket please? I just know to roll down the windows when I see a policeman about to pull up beside me.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
cops are dicks when they look for things to write u up on.

other than rolling ur windows down, if u have a sunroof, open the sunshade during the day, at nite if it looks dark and u get pulled over, flip the dome light on when u get pulled over.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i HATE, and i mean HAAAAATE the damn parking police...i got a freakin' ticket today for being in a parking spot marked 30 min. ...i walked out THIRTY FIVE minutes later that dick is givin' me a ticket and i was like are u givin' me a ticket and he said my car's been there over the time...i swear an hour, ok, then i'd accept it but this is b.s. and i was walkin' up to my car too...i think he was just mad cuz my cars tight and i'm young and he's older and is going no where w/ his life and his lil parking cart....lil son of a b....!!!!!!!!!!!

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
cops are dicks when they look for things to write u up on.

other than rolling ur windows down, if u have a sunroof, open the sunshade during the day, at nite if it looks dark and u get pulled over, flip the dome light on when u get pulled over.
Not all cops are dicks dude. Maybe in your area, they like to harrass cars that are decked out like yours. some are cool. ... some... btw, nice avatar. I keep watching, hoping she's gonna knock her self out w/ those things. heheh.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
i wouldnt doutb it in cali, i dont get much attention from cops, but when i do, its bad. im on probation due to them fockers

·
The Future = Biotech
274 Posts
they TOOK a freinds car away because he was WAY over
"It is too dangerous to drive"

He had to pay to get it out, pay for the storage, pay for the tint removel,
Show up in court, and then PAY A DAMN COURT FEE

I have been through the system unfortunately..many times...different countries...
And i have seen A guy with 7 DUI (they called it DWI in court?!?)
WALK away while racers were locked up for 2 days

A freind pay more in fines for his TINTS than a crack dealer

A CRACK DEALER!!

Now Im all for keeping mass chaos under raps..
But in certein places..specially the sticks where I am
The cops have nothing better to do than WAIT for us to drive past

and give us crap bout our drops tints SYSTEM rims body kits whatever
They actually pull out measuring tape and CHECK THE hight of the vehicle
Who is this protecting?
We do not do the norm "street raciers"
We mostly drive family sedans for god sake..more bout looks for us

In OUR FREE country I should be able to PUT WHATEVER I want on MY car
which I:

Pay 14% interest on
Pay 400 In CAR property tax
Pay another couple hundred(Not sure) on my PROPERTY tax to park MY vehicle in MY garage.

When it is it enough?
Should I write/call my state rep to see if I can repaint my car now?
Or will that be under the jurisdiction of my local state troopers?

It seems they know whats best for me.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
wow, that was freakin' great man....u should be the representative speaker for all of us...that was exactly what i was thinkin' but u said it so much better.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts