The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
goin poor ...Help!!!!!!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin FU*KED sooo hard (tranny being rebuilt)

Well aint nothin like feeling helpless. I was having trany problems so I took it to the shop ( A shop my dad went to and they treated he good) well the guy tells me that they would have to take it apart and see what was wrong then fix it shouldnt cost more than $800. He said worst case it would need a full rebuild and that would be $1,300. I though that was alot but Ive heard of it costing more. So today I get a call from the shop and the guy tells me it needs a full rebuild so Im remembering the $1300 he told me then he told me it also needed a TQ so another $250 then he told me it needed the silodoides replaced another $250,buy the time he was done it was $1907.69!!!!!!!!!! I was about to have a heart attack shit for that price I could do a 5 speed conversion (but the old lady drives it a wont drive a stick) so Im thinkin this guy is tryin to screw me so I call to see how much I can get a used trany for and was quoted like $800. I call the guy at the shop back and asked him if he would install it and he said no. He said no quality shop would do that,because the dont know the history of the trany. So if i were to have another shop do the swap I would have to pay the first shop $300 for a tear dow and build up of the trany then i would have to buy the trany wich is $850 to be exact the I would heave to pay another shop to install it. Plus got Laid-off of my job on friday so Im screwed like I said. The olny good thing is that my parents a loaning me the money for it (I feel like Im in highschool again borrowing money). SORRY FOR ALL THE RUN ON SENTENCES OR THE NONSENCE THAT THIS MY SOUND LIKE I HAD TO VENT

·
Registered
242 Posts
STOP BEING STUPID, U GO HIT THE JUNK YARD DURING THE WEEK OR CALL THEM AND FIND A TRANNY THEN SAT MORNING WE RIP UR OLD ONE OUT AND DROP THE OTHER ONE IN ILL CHARGE U $100 AS LONG U STAY AND HELP I DID MY CLUTCH AND AN AUTO TRANNY CANT BE MUCH HARDER I HAVE CHANGE ONE BEFORE IN AN 85 aUDI I THINK THERE AINT NO HARDER TRANNY SWAP TO DO THEN AN aUDI SO CALL ME AND LETS TALK BEFORE U GO SPENDIN 2 G'S ON WHAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE A COMPLETLY REBUILT TRANNY U CANT KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY DO UNLESS UR THERE TO SEE THE WHOLE THING.

·
goin poor ...Help!!!!!!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its to late plus I dont have the $300 to just get the car out of the shop with out my parents. You gotta remember my wife needs this car so if we screw it up and then have to take it to the shop then Im really fucked

·
Registered
585 Posts
PHX Altima II said:
STOP BEING STUPID, U GO HIT THE JUNK YARD DURING THE WEEK OR CALL THEM AND FIND A TRANNY THEN SAT MORNING WE RIP UR OLD ONE OUT AND DROP THE OTHER ONE IN ILL CHARGE U $100 AS LONG U STAY AND HELP I DID MY CLUTCH AND AN AUTO TRANNY CANT BE MUCH HARDER I HAVE CHANGE ONE BEFORE IN AN 85 aUDI I THINK THERE AINT NO HARDER TRANNY SWAP TO DO THEN AN aUDI SO CALL ME AND LETS TALK BEFORE U GO SPENDIN 2 G'S ON WHAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE A COMPLETLY REBUILT TRANNY U CANT KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY DO UNLESS UR THERE TO SEE THE WHOLE THING.
OMG. you write like a 3rd grader. maybe you should learn what a period is.

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
hey chris, i told that bastard the same thing, but he wouldn't listen, all i heard was wah, wah, wah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts