The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. There are only two 5-speed SE's with sunroof in Houston, one has 237 miles on it and both would have to have spoiler/sills installed on them before they met my required configuration. So I've decided to look towards the '03's especially after seeing the crystal blue ones. So my salesguy says he's going to call the central distribution center and see if he can't divert a crystal blue 5-speed w/ sport or sport plus package to Houston (since Mossy's first shipment of 03's are devoid of 5-speed SE's).

Here's where I get nervous, it seems as if the limp wristed, left foot atrophied, yes honey masses have gotten to Nissan and finding a '03 5-speed is going to be harder than finding a virgin at the Playboy mansion. I have found exactly ONE 5-speed 3.5 after searching all the dealers in Nashville, New Orleans, and Chicago.

Is there any hope for me guys? Do you think they will find me a 5-speed that is NOT a stripped out no package having ride?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not just SE's, I had to search 4 states to find a 2.5 5spd in black that didn't have a ton of extras. Finnaly my dealer got it for me and gave me such a great deal it was worth the wait. Got the convience pkg, sunroof and deflector, dash kit (from the dealer that he found it at), microfilter, and floormats for $19,200.

Be paient there out there.

RCook

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My quest for an 03 is officially over :( :(

If I want a manual 3.5SE 03 w/ sport/sport plus package, I'll have to wait until October-November. I just cannot wait that long, my truck is falling apart at the seams and I need a car for this new business venture I am getting into next week.

So now I have my salesguy trying to find a '02 3.5SE 5-speed w/sunroof/sills/spoiler that has less than 100 miles on the odo in the Houston-Dallas-Austin-San Antonio area. If he can't find one, I will just go ahead and take that Opal one with the 237 miles on the odo and pray that I don't have any trouble with it.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Waddy said:
My quest for an 03 is officially over :( :(

If I want a manual 3.5SE 03 w/ sport/sport plus package, I'll have to wait until October-November. I just cannot wait that long, my truck is falling apart at the seams and I need a car for this new business venture I am getting into next week.

So now I have my salesguy trying to find a '02 3.5SE 5-speed w/sunroof/sills/spoiler that has less than 100 miles on the odo in the Houston-Dallas-Austin-San Antonio area. If he can't find one, I will just go ahead and take that Opal one with the 237 miles on the odo and pray that I don't have any trouble with it.
You better get a good deal w/ 237 miles already on it... :eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I feel for ya!

I have been trying to get a Silver or Pewter 3.5 loaded auto for the past week. The dealer called about an hour ago and said that they found one and sent someone to get it. I should have it tonight.

It's loaded to the gills. Every option. I'm happy but I'll be happier when I pick it up.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Dealers order what they want from Nissan out of their assigned allocations which are based on sales volume among other less obvious factors. All you should need to do is have your favorite (or at least your least hated) dealer spec out exactly what you want out of their next available allocation. They can change their orders just about up to the time the order actually goes to production. At least this is how Volvo, Ford, Toyota and Honda dealers have told me they do it. Obviously they prefer to find what you want on another dealer's lot since they get a quicker sale out of it but you should have no trouble ordering a 5 speed SE from the factory with exactly the options and colors you want.

The downside is you have to wait longer, the upside is you get exactly the car you want and other than the few miles it gets driven on the assembly line, plant lot and on the shipping trucks its never been driven at all.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tdoyle said:

The downside is you have to wait longer,
That's the point tdoyle, if you read my posts you'll see I can't wait. I need a car like next week, I could maybe stretch it to a month. But the dealer says that their last order period (for the 03's) already passed and his next order period is Sept 8th and those cars won't come in until mid-October/early November.

SE-Rious
I am already getting a pretty good discount because of my companies membership in Nissan's VPP (Vehicular Purchase Program). I'm getting the car for $300 below invoice. I doubt the dealer would discount it anymore.

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
Waddy said:
If he can't find one, I will just go ahead and take that Opal one with the 237 miles on the odo and pray that I don't have any trouble with it.
To allay your fears a little bit, my parents bought a "new" '95 Maxima GLE with 500 miles on the clock back in '94. It now has 160k miles and has had no major problems. These VQ engines are tough.

Fewer miles is alwasy better, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Your car will probably hold up fine.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Afty said:

Fewer miles is alwasy better, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Your car will probably hold up fine.
Now that's what I needed to hear! All those "237 miles WOW! :eek: " and "mine had 4 miles" posts were really bumming me out. I needed a post like this one Afty, especially seeing as it's becoming more and more apparent that I will be getting this car.

·
2,883 Posts
when I got my satin white 5 spd at cresent city nissan in new orleans they had 3 manuals. white (the one I got), ruby and a black. don't know if they still have them but you should give them a call. I know all star nissan in baton rouge has a white with 5 spd with spoiler a couple of days ago.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coco said:
But you better hurry!!!! Someone who isn't on the boards might be looking for the same thing as you....go get the freakin Opal already Chad!!
I am! I am! even if I was positive I was getting it I would still have to wait until after this weekend when I sell my truck. It's a POS but it's worth bewteen 1000-2000 on the downpayment.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Waddy said:
Now that's what I needed to hear! All those "237 miles WOW! :eek: " and "mine had 4 miles" posts were really bumming me out. I needed a post like this one Afty, especially seeing as it's becoming more and more apparent that I will be getting this car.
Well let me throw this at you..

My Miata had 318 miles on it when I bought it, apparently all test drive miles.

It's near 100,000 now and the single problem I've had with it was a busted glove box door. And that was because the screw broke.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coco said:

LMAO....how many times have you reminded us???? 1, 2, 5, 324092384234 LOL too funny
You should see it Coco I could say it's a POS till infinity and it still wouldn't capture just how much of a POS it is. God I don't know how I got chicks while I was in college with that thing, when they got tired of calling it "Big Rusty" my friends used to call my truck "Pussy Repellant".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts