in one year , my starter is dead plus i bet many other things
had to get it towed and droped off at a nissan dealer
what bastards

i now offically hate my altima and ill go out of my way to discourage
anyone into getting a 2001 limited edition

·
Torqueless wonder...
2,586 Posts
It's just those 2001 limited editions... they so limited they all have problems.. I have a 2000 and it's great...

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
before you drive your car off a cliff can I part out what you don't, like cd player, seats, headlights, shit like that cuz you driving it off a cliff anyways right? j/k

·
Banned
1 Posts
get out a life insurance policy just in case the door decides to break like everything else did, just before you jump out. I will be your beneficiary.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
i didn't mean to piss anyone off, and i'm sure i did, but that's just what i've gotten from my 2 years here and ppl that i know personally w/ 2 gens. majority have problems and the owners aren't happy with them.

as for the comment about 1st genes not being any better,
i've had mine for almost 2 years now with not one problem. NONE!!! Maybe a miscellaneous thing here and there that every car has. as far as i can think of, only a half shaft that had to be replaced was the only thing. I've got almost 70K miles and 14-15 bottles of spray through 'er and she's runnin awesome!

now true, i do hear more 1st gen complaints, but you have to compare that with how many 1st gens there are compared to 2nd gens. the 1st gen sold for 5 years. the 2nd gen sold for a year less (4) and there were not as many sold by far. my point is, you have to look at it relatively. by that, 2nd gens have had more problems/complaints. again, that's just from what i'v experienced with them

·
Registered
34 Posts
2cn gen

I have a 2000 se myself and I havent had any problems with it so far in the first 22 k..I have changed oil every 3 months and one air filter, brake light bulb and fog bulbs were changed..Other than that it has been a solid reliable car..The car is exposed to all the weather here in nyc from 100 degree temps to 20 degree and is not garaged..One more year left on this car then its the new 03 for me..

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
3 altimas here . .

a 1993 GXE - no problems; 150k (mom's boyfriend)
a 1998 GXE - no problems; 50k (mom)
a 1993 SE - driven HARD, small problems with starter, engine running very strong; 20k on new engine; 109k on car. Automatic and stock; run's 16.930 :D (mine)

·
X Factor
546 Posts
BlueDemonAltima said:
I have a 1st gen, 110,000 miles... not a single problem... drives like new...
Well, expect your timing chain to screw up pretty soon, that's 1000 dollars down the drain...1/4 the value of the car!

·
1,592 Posts
1fastaltima said:
i didn't mean to piss anyone off, and i'm sure i did, but that's just what i've gotten from my 2 years here and ppl that i know personally w/ 2 gens. majority have problems and the owners aren't happy with them.

as for the comment about 1st genes not being any better,
i've had mine for almost 2 years now with not one problem. NONE!!! Maybe a miscellaneous thing here and there that every car has. as far as i can think of, only a half shaft that had to be replaced was the only thing. I've got almost 70K miles and 14-15 bottles of spray through 'er and she's runnin awesome!

now true, i do hear more 1st gen complaints, but you have to compare that with how many 1st gens there are compared to 2nd gens. the 1st gen sold for 5 years. the 2nd gen sold for a year less (4) and there were not as many sold by far. my point is, you have to look at it relatively. by that, 2nd gens have had more problems/complaints. again, that's just from what i'v experienced with them
i agree. i've had my 95 since 96 and its approaching 140,000 mi. and it runs as good as the day i got it. i've only had normal stuff go wrong with it eg. battery, starter, altenator, etc...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts