The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the absolute best sub and amp i can get? and how should i place them in my trunk? I want as much trunk space as possible because i leave town often but i also want it to look and sound nice. i was thinking about gettign alpine type r's or kappa perfects. any good?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
well the Type R and the Perfect are both very nice subs, but the best there is.... not by a long shot. Personally i like the Type R better than the perfect, but if you are looking at high end, you need to up the bar a bit.

You might want to check into the following.
Adire Brahma (SQ sub that can get loud as a lot of SPL subs)
JL Audio W7 (SQ sub that can get loud as a lot of SPL subs)
ID Max (SQ sub, that has very good output capability)
DD 9500 (One of the premire SPL subs that people claim can sound Decent in a great install)
Oz Power Matrix (SQ sub with good output)
Ground Zero Plutonium (Set many records in Europe for SPL, supposed to be great sounding)
Eclipse Ti (great SQL sub)

As for amps, Brax, Helix Mc Intosh, US Amps, Zapco..... lots of expensive ones that i don't think are worth the money, but you wanted a list of the supposed "best"....

Realisticly now, since you said that you want it to look and sound nice, the Adire Brahma is a great sub for very small spaces and if you do an inverse mount it looks VERY nice. It is a bit more expensive that the perfect or Type R, but it is on a whole higher plane of perfection (perfection is relative:)) If you want a very nice looking amp to power it the Cadence A7 HC is very nice looking and powerful.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
rthompson,

can you do a graph on a pair of TYPE R 10's in a vented box vs a TYPE R 15 svc in a ported box.? I have no idea what sizes they need to be.

·
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm...thanks for the good info guys. im going with type r or perfecs because a friend owes a favor and can hook those 2 up for 1/2 off list. anyway, as for the amp...ill look into it. oh..i currently have a rectangular box with plexiglass on one end and the sub facing the plexiglass on the other end so you can tell i really dont know too much about subs and boxes. now what's the best way to place the subs for the best sound. I read on this forum that placing them backwards will sound the best but i've seen several people with subs facing each other diagonally. which is better ad why?

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
tl,
can you do one for the 15 in a ported box. According to the graph my 12's are way louder that the 15.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
jl

here's on with my 12w6 in a 1.0 cu box(sealed) vs a 1.5 (ported) vs my current set up 1.5 (sealed) box.
how does it look and is it worth building?

also I have 2 12w6s instead of 1 like in the examples..

TL,
I might go out on a limb and purchase a jbl 1200.1.!:confused:

JL Graph

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
IF IT IS FLAT WILL IT BE LOUD. I THOUGHT YOU NEEDED A SPIKE TO INCREASE THE DB?

3.4 IS WAY TO BIG I WILL NEED 2 OF THEM. JL SAID 2.0 CU PORTED IS IDEAL. THE 1.50 IS FOR DB. wILL THE DB BOX SOUND LIKE ASS.?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
for a good mix of sq/spl, you want a Q of .707..

2 cubes = .85
1.5 cubes = .95

the 2 cube box should sound ok.. but going down to 1.5 you're going to loose a lot of the tightness..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts