The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem with the ventilation system where it makes a squealing noise on all the settings. The car started doing this the second day we owned it, but the dealer assured us it would be a simple fix. Well after waiting for 3 weeks for a new ventilation fan to come from parts, it was replaced and the damn squealing noise continued. The dealer then called the Nissan hotline and now they have my whole damn dashboard disassembled and still can not figure out what the problem is. They think it could be the heater core not sealed correctly, but are still not sure. Now, I'm in a damn rental and if the problem is ever fixed, the car will probably be a damn rattle trap from the dash being disassembled twice already. My car was built in early Sept. so it was probably one of the first ones off the assembly line. I've owned about 10 cars, most new, over my lifetime and never had to deal with a problem like this. :mad:

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
4,763 Posts
My friend, although I understand that this is extremely annoying, and a huge inconvinience, but you must also agree that crap happens. Sounds like the dealer is actively working with you on fixing the problem, they will fix it, so you shouldn't really get upset and think you got a back deal or a bad car. My 1996 Altima however, had more rattles than a 1970's corolla, still ran great without any major maintance except minor oil changes :)

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Well if you,ve owned 10 new cars it's about time you had to deal with a problem like this. It may be a foreign object (leaf?) in a duct somewhere so relax. If they can't fix it you'll get a new car. Most techs shotgun a part first and then if that doesn't work dig deeper. In the meantime take out your frustrations on that rental. The car is worth the wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't get me wrong, I forgot to say how much I love about everything else about the car. I guess that's why I'm so mad about the problem because everything else seemed so perfect, looks, engine power, etc. I just don't want my brand new baby taken apart and put back together wrong. I tried real hard to live with the noise in the ventilation system, because I knew it would probably come down to the whole dash having to be taken apart.

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
4,763 Posts
Trust me, being taken apart doesn't mean your car loses its virginity, they will put it back, and put it back nice and tight they will ;) When they are done everything will be good, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Its not like complete idiots are working on your car, although that can also be the case :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Scott5000 said:
I've got a problem with the ventilation system where it makes a squealing noise on all the settings. The car started doing this the second day we owned it, but the dealer assured us it would be a simple fix. Well after waiting for 3 weeks for a new ventilation fan to come from parts, it was replaced and the damn squealing noise continued. The dealer then called the Nissan hotline and now they have my whole damn dashboard disassembled and still can not figure out what the problem is. They think it could be the heater core not sealed correctly, but are still not sure. Now, I'm in a damn rental and if the problem is ever fixed, the car will probably be a damn rattle trap from the dash being disassembled twice already. My car was built in early Sept. so it was probably one of the first ones off the assembly line. I've owned about 10 cars, most new, over my lifetime and never had to deal with a problem like this. :mad:
I think I know what you're talking about... I have the same noise in all 4 fan level settings. I've been contemplating taking the car in to the dealer but was afraid of the same problem that you are having. Maybe I'll take it in too just to see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out they broke the heater core today when they were wiggling some of the hoses around to see if they could isolate the noise. A new core is supposed to be in on Tuesday and they said the car should be done then. I'm not holding my breath, but am crossing my fingers. I think I have a right to be mad about this after forking out 25K+ for a brand new car that has this problem. Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hate Monkey mechanics. You or I would take our time disassembling parts, can you imagine the force needed to peirce or break the heater core!
Try not to worry until you get it back and see the final results, watching anyone work on my cars
makes me nervous! Keep us posted.

Scott5000 said:
Just found out they broke the heater core today when they were wiggling some of the hoses around to see if they could isolate the noise. A new core is supposed to be in on Tuesday and they said the car should be done then. I'm not holding my breath, but am crossing my fingers. I think I have a right to be mad about this after forking out 25K+ for a brand new car that has this problem. Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts