The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go home last weekend for an emission testing so brought my laundry with me. I left it by the washer since I knew I had all weekend to do it (I like to do it as late as possible so everything is clean). I don't even let her do my laundry anymore because she has messed up so many of my clothes. Well she decided to do it when she saw my stuff there. I didn't realize until later what she did so I just took it all back.

Well I just discovered that she ruined my cool-ass Nissan shirt by bleaching it. She knows I don't use bleach because of this crap. I'm so freakin mad. you can't imagine how many of my shirts she has ruined plus I only got to wear the damn thing once.

Cliff Notes: Are you blind?!? Look at my shirt!!! :angry4:

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
hehe...i second that!

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
didn't you know?
now it officially looks prewashed and preworn so you can ebay it as straight up jdm, literally right off someones back, for mad dough

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
mbbankk said:
Datsun was the previous name for Nissan
come on guys! I was kidding about the "what's a datsun?"

have you all heard the story of why nissan's were called datsun in the US?

There's the stupid-joke story...
The CEO of Nissan told his workers that he wanted to build cars for export cars to the US. The workers asked him when he want to have it done. The CEO said "In 6 months." The workers all yelled out, "Dat soon?"

And then there's the real story...
The real story is Nissan wasn't sure that they could successfully sell their cars in the US. So they created Datsun. That way, if the cars flopped, they could re-enter the market as Nissan without a tarnish to their name

1,407 Posts
:lol: @ the noobs in this thread.

:squint: for the mom

·
OG
4,071 Posts
negative ghost-rider.

the ORIGINAL name was dat-son. i believe the d.a.t. part stood for something or was someones name ... and the 'son' part is a japanese way to show respect.

when they wanted to export to the us ... they thought the 'son' part lacked masculenaty (someones lil offspring) ... so they changed it to 'sun'.

exactly why it became nissan i dont know, mighta been company policy or re-structuring in the 70's.

^ give it up to History Channel. :D

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,461 Posts
Ben said:
Well I just discovered that she ruined my cool-ass Nissan shirt by bleaching it.
Why didn't you post any pictures of the so called "cool shirt?" :p

ChickenWing said:
it bleached out the color on the sleeves and collar.
Negative. The color actually looks darker (not possible, but it does).

waynehead05 said:
wait... what's wrong other than it's wrinkled?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts