The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,809 Posts
If I were you, I'd wait a month and buy a 2002. I traded in my Xterra on a 2001 about three months ago and I'm regretting it right now. If I weren't so inpatient I would be getting ready to purchase a 2002 3.5

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
joycebl said:
Any comments, suggestions, thoughts, etc?
well why were you looking for a 2001...

yeah we can say get a 2002, but really, its not good to get a new model change car in the 1st yr.. too many bugs, then you will sour to Nissan for life....

however, if you want longer term resale, get the 02.. if you want to save cash now, get a 2001 when the 02's come out.

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
I'd say go with the 2001, unless you're really crazy about the '02 body style. At this point, you'll get a really good deal on one. Or you might be able to find a 2000 - it's the same car as the 2001 and if you can find one of those new, you should be able to get a steal on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I say go for the 2001 if you like it. You will get a lot people telling you to wait for the 2002's. Maybe you should, if that's what you want. But here are my reasons:

I bought a 2001 GXE LE on 7/26/01, less than a month ago. Needless to say, I got a GREAT DEAL on it. I mean GREAT!!! So that's the main reason I would recommend getting a 2001. Plus, they are great cars. (so far at least) :)

There are some nice advatntages to the 2002 as well. Mainly the restyle and larger and more powerful engine.

Hey, each one has it's good and bad. For me the 2001 was the best choice. YMMV :)

Just make sure to get an Altima, whether it be a 2001 or 2002!!!! :D

JB

·
Banned
1 Posts
being that the 2002 is coming out....

....if you REALLY want a 2002, go for it.

...but if you wait a couple of more weeks, when the 2002 comes out, you should be able to work a helluva deal on a 2001. Dealers will want to clear the lot of the older models for the new. Just play hard to get...

·
Registered
245 Posts
the parts guy told me the best time to get the 2001 is the last day of the month before the 2002 comes out or the month it comes out...so that's like the end of this month or the end of septmeber. he said that the dealers HAVE TO make room for the new 2002 and their pretty much giving it away. i heard a commercial on the radio that kia/nissan dealership can finance anybody (you know the usual-no credit, bad credit, no problem bulls**t). Well they said that if they can't approve you for a 2001 altima, they'll give you the car! man with my bad credit i was thinking to go down there and get myself another car---for free!

he also said that in the next 5 years nissan is going to com out with 25 new models (i think he meant body styles for there cars) starting with the 2001 and up. he doesn't know if that included the infinity models though (i think it does).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I got a 98 GLE and my only regret was not getting an automatic and not getting an SE, several of my mods have been SE parts. I wanted an auto because of traffic but I miss the control of having a stick.

·
Registered
203 Posts
GPS said:
I got a 98 GLE and my only regret was not getting an automatic and not getting an SE, several of my mods have been SE parts. I wanted an auto because of traffic but I miss the control of having a stick.
I'm confused. . .is your car a stick or an auto?

joycebl: You are going to find a killre deal on an 01 the last week of this month. . .keep your eyes out there cause dealerships are going to be clearing them. . .

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have an auto, but wish I had opted for the 5 spd, and wish I would have got the SE.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
unknown_g said:
Well they said that if they can't approve you for a 2001 altima, they'll give you the car! man with my bad credit i was thinking to go down there and get myself another car---for free!
see, you are the sucker they love to bring in thinking like that...

They will finance anyone... instead of their traditional Nissan Finance, they farm it out to dozens of other banks.. instead of a nice 6.9% or something, you are looking at a 22% one... They will finance, yeah, but you will be bending over and taking it up the ass..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I've driven the 2001 SE and GLE and the cars are basically the same. The GLE is just a little smoother, which I attribute to the tires even though the SE is supposed to have stiffer and slightly lower springs. The braking is better on the SE, which is what you'd expect with 4 wheel disks. Otherwise there's not really any difference.

The 2001 SE is probably harder to get than the GLE these days, bur I would at least try to see if there's any available with the options you want.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
799 Posts
Why not wait a couple of months and buy the 2002 Altima? It looks AWESOME!

You'll be the envy of all of the old generation Altima owners!

·
Next Mod....New Wife
251 Posts
victor said:

see, you are the sucker they love to bring in thinking like that...

They will finance anyone... instead of their traditional Nissan Finance, they farm it out to dozens of other banks.. instead of a nice 6.9% or something, you are looking at a 22% one... They will finance, yeah, but you will be bending over and taking it up the ass..
And my ass is still Soar........ $434.00/month for 1999 with 30K miles.:p :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts