The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking the community advice on buying a 2006 Altima with 186 K miles for asking price of $2,500. It does have new belts, tires, brakes and struts, Its a friend of my brother-in law & I haven't seen it yet. I'm trying to find out if it is 2.5 or 3.5 engine and if is a S. SE, SL or SE-R. BTW, does it have a CVT transmission as I hope not. Any advice is very much appreciated and thanks! Best Stevoo

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,555 Posts
good news...pre-07 don't have CVTs, bad news is they have pre-cat failure issues.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I say buy it.
05+ was not so common for the precat failure like the 04-.
I do not believe it has the CVT. If it did I would run the other way. But I am pretty certain they didn't start til 07.
I have a 05 and it has been a wonderful car, comfortable, good power, extremely reliable, Has over 300k and still great condition

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seeking the community advice on buying a 2006 Altima with 186 K miles for asking price of $2,500. It does have new belts, tires, brakes and struts, Its a friend of my brother-in law & I haven't seen it yet. I'm trying to find out if it is 2.5 or 3.5 engine and if is a S. SE, SL or SE-R. BTW, does it have a CVT transmission as I hope not. Any advice is very much appreciated and thanks! Best Stevoo
I’d consider an older Toyota Avalon for the same price. (2000-2004)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts