The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
i heard that it could be done from a maxima.org forum..but their light is located in a different place, next to the center console clock.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
AlphaFox said:
anyone thought about replacing the red LED with a blue LED? how hard is it to get to that thing? wil a standard led from radio shack work?
Yeah I have, but working in between the dash and windshield = no fun

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i think he means he has thought of that. im not sure though. i would like to do that, but you have like an inch to work with. my friend with an integra put a red led on the top of each door by the lock just like the jetta's do. i forget how he hooked them up, they blinked together. hes not a smart guy either, has everything installed for him. kinda surprised me. but i would like to put some of those in myself. if anyone has done anything like this, let me know

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Nissan2k2 said it right, i havent tried it, thought of it a few times when i was bored. Like tonight, I might go outside and sit there for a few minutes, and then come back in after giving up :D :p

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
SWEET good job jbl, i think i may go out to mine too. it is 25 degrees right now so i may only go for a minute. hell, ill just wait for you to reply. hahaha. blue would be cool. i would like to even them up, one on each side of the dash. i was in florida a while back and a pimped out accord in the parking lot had these things on the pillars next to the windsheild. a little strip of like 4 leds blue, and they blinked. i think they are cool. my friend said they have them at pep boys and they just run off your battery, but very low power. theres no pep boys around here, can some one tell me if they have them at pep boys, i checked at autozone adn advance auto parts but they dont have them
thanks

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Ok, You need a short screw driver and just pop off that cap thing so you can get it looking like this. I stood outside the car and just looked in through my windshield.

Then slowly disconnect the wire so you dont yank it, then I used a piece of electrical tape to hold down the wire so it doesnt fall into the dash.

Then that last 2 pics are just what it looks like, I am having a hard time getting this thing apart though

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Ok, its soo bright it lights up the garage cieling, so I hope nothing fries or burns up, I will get pics of it when my battery charges up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ya I changed that LED too when I put my starter/alarm in... mine is blue as well, super ass easy...

- Nic

1 - 20 of 81 Posts