The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I read SHAWN's review a while back, I just had to try it out, so, I got the HKS circle earth grounding kit(universal). Going in with a skeptical attitude, I am definitely impressed.

Low-end throttle response & pick up is definitely improved. High rpm operation definitely pulls stronger. No dyno numbers, but I would say gains are similar to, on a stock car, switching from stock air box to cone filter, not super, but noticeable, and no regrets.

I would definitely recommend this mod. I had a work gift certificate so I went with the only kit available in stores near me, HKS. But, other kits, ebay, arospeed, homemade, should work just as well. One thing I like about the HKS universal kit, & homemade kits, is that you can custom cut the length of wire, so you can route the wires as you see fit. Very nice.

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
i can prove how grounding kits work in terms of physics, and it is not gaining hp from the engine it is from getting back power lost from the engine and the alternator. closing the gap of power at the crank and power at the wheels

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
does any body have the lenths of the wire?

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
if someone does a writeup on the best place to ground the new wires ill prolly do this when the weather warms up... but im not gonna be using the kit with the purple wire, ide like to find red.

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
on second thought... red might not be the best idea, ill prolly just use black so i dont confuse power and ground. :rolleyes:

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
did u use stock points? people were saying they found better points to ground them and were adding more than one ground for some of them... Is this nessesary and were can I find the better grounds?

btw: I was thinkin about usin 4 gauge... 8 seems a lil small and 2 seems a litle too big and more expensive, but i may change my mind later.

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The wire size I have are about 8 gauge in size, so I basically added to the existing grounds. Some, were the existing mounting points, some were different. The thing with the hks kit is, all the grounds route back to the battery, that's how it was in the diagrams so that's how I set it up. So, currently, I have:

- chassis to battery
- engine to battery
- intake manifold to battery
- alternator to battery

1 - 18 of 18 Posts