The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Friend landed a great Job and has always admired my Nissan Altima 3.5 SE , he mentioned to me that he would like to have a Mazda RX8

I noticed when I viewed it on their web site that it looked similar to something I had viewed before? I got the same feeling about the Mazda 6 I viewed on a commercial, I just couldnt place what car UNTIL NOW

In Honor of OUR Altimas Unique Styling which has never giving me that feeling I am posting this IMAGE

·
The Amazing Asian
185 Posts
that wouldn't make sense considering the S2000 came out first and it has had that look for a while. cars imitate other cars, it's just simple, once a look is found, they will reproduce it until the people get sick of seeing it and move on to diffrent looks. look at the focus and the new foc..i mean the civic SI, they look the same. nothing is orginal no more.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just to clarify

Vannara said:
that wouldn't make sense considering the S2000 came out first and it has had that look for a while. cars imitate other cars, it's just simple, once a look is found, they will reproduce it until the people get sick of seeing it and move on to diffrent looks. look at the focus and the new foc..i mean the civic SI, they look the same. nothing is orginal no more.

Just to clarify

I think

The mazda rx-8 looks similar to the honda s 2000

I think

The mazda 6 looks similar to the Acura 3.2 TL Type S

Not the other way around.

PLUS I love what Nissan did with this car I love the Interior including the leather.... it all was a selling point for me! Quite Original for my taste

Thanks,

Proendo

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
wow, they do look similar. oh well, i don't like the 6 and the RX-8 is only aight....i don't like the S2k and i the TL is aight, but it's not in MY taste. I'd take one if it was given to me, but i'd sell it and get something else like a 2003.5 Infiniti G35 or a 3.5 Alty and completely mod it up and only be out a grand or so.

·
The Amazing Asian
185 Posts
Re: Just to clarify

proendo said:
Just to clarify

I think

The mazda rx-8 looks similar to the honda s 2000

I think

The mazda 6 looks similar to the Acura 3.2 TL Type S

Not the other way around.

PLUS I love what Nissan did with this car I love the Interior including the leather.... it all was a selling point for me! Quite Original for my taste

Thanks,

Proendo

my bad, the pictures were in diffrent places which made me think you took it anothe way.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
"In Honor of OUR Altimas Unique Styling which has never giving me that feeling I am posting this IMAGE"

So you don't think this

Looks like this?

Or this?

Or this

Looks like this?

Altima styling is far from original IMHO. Doesn't make it less attractive to some mind you, just far from original.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
And to quote my good buddy Waddy:

Waddy said:
For the last time, this is the evolution of the swept back headlights. The 3rd gen didn't start it, and neither did the Civic.

Taurus - 2000 model year

Civic - 2001 model year

3rd Gen - 2002 model year

Accord - 2003 model year

Now Lancer - 2004 model year

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
the neighbor of the beast
630 Posts
tdoyle said:
"In Honor of OUR Altimas Unique Styling which has never giving me that feeling I am posting this IMAGE"

So you don't think this

Looks like this?

Or this?

Or this

Looks like this?

Altima styling is far from original IMHO. Doesn't make it less attractive to some mind you, just far from original.
Altima definitely inspired by the passat and GS. look at the similaritys when you see one... especially the shape of the alty cabin in comparison to the passat... and every profile of the GS

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well Nissan is NOTORIOUS for using design ideas from other manufaturers in their own vehicles. I read an article about when the 240z originally came out back in the late 60's early 70's, nissans own design team said that it took the exterior from the Jag, the interior from the corvette the engine from porsche, I believe if I remember the story correctly... not too sure on the engine, but anyway it stands to reason that they would hold true to that even today.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
AltimateCarDriver said:
As for the Lexus IS taillights, the only resemblance is that they are all "clear-lens, chrome housing" type-lights...Otherwise the styling is very different.
Like all the aftermarket Altezza-style tail lights...

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
The list could keep going on forever, like the Lexus SC430 looks like a Mercedes-Benz SLK 320. Overall, it's not affecting the Altima's originality, pretty much every car company takes styling cues from other cars and re-designs it into an original idea, and then another car company copies that, and so on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like the Mazda 6, but it's a little underpowered for me, besides its a ford (basically). I never noticed the resemblence of the Mazda to the 3.2 TL, but they do look similar. I always thought that the 6 looked like the last generation Accord.
And yes I see some very similar styling cues in the Altima and the back of the Passat and the side of the GS, but I think the Passat is fugly...GS is nice though.

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
To me, the Passat lacks wheel size, where Nissan, Mazda, and Honda offer 17's on their cars, VW only offers 15's and 16's, plus it costs more. Of course, you could always get aftermarket wheels, but who wants to do that just to stay up with the competition. I have nothing against the Passat though, they are nice cars, just not enough sport for my taste.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
tdoyle said:

·
Proud '02 owner
2,852 Posts
I agree with all the posts here but even thou the Passat kind of resembles the 3rd gen I think the 3rd gen has more of a wedge shape, more aerodynamic. The passat has a more square profile.

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
I do agree with some of you on the resemblance of the Alti to the GS or Passat, but with the IS..?? I don't think so...!!

But anyway, let's just remember that it is why this year Nissan has been winning so many awards...350Z...and what about the G35 Coupe....there is no other cars like these on the market....the only similarity they have with some other car is the class they are in, Roadster's, small little car that are fun to drive..!!

But let's get back to the Altima, I think they did it on purpose, because who would say NO to a Lexus GS, cause when I looked at the Alti that's the first thing that popped into my mind...but then again, how many people can afford a brand new GS and how many can afford a new Alti...so Nissan is a winner yet again..!!

·
iLoveUman
1,116 Posts
because who would say NO to a Lexus GS, cause when I looked at the Alti that's the first thing that popped into my mind
DITTO. some of my coworkers still think i drive a lexus :)

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
BlueAlti'03 said:
I do agree with some of you on the resemblance of the Alti to the GS or Passat, but with the IS..?? I don't think so...!!
The IS was brought up because of the clear tails, which is the new fad. It had nothing to do with the shape and body lines of either vehicle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts