The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2015 SV 2.5 for a little over a week now and it is in the shop waiting for a new control arm which has been leaking on my garage floor. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I ditched the Accord because of the seats and harsh ride. The SV 2.5 is my 9th Datsun/Nissan. All were good cars with the exception of a 1990 Maxima. I hope that this car does not turn out to be like the Maxima.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a bizarre occurrence. Hope it's just a fluke! I just had an oddball thing with mine too, almost 20k on it and I've always noticed this kind of "tink" noise sometimes when taking off, only with the windows down...After an hour or two of Nissan fooling with it, the tech takes off the wheel and finds a small metal rivet inside the tire/wheel.... assembled in the USA is all I can say... lol

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take some as soon as I get the rest of the mods done and, of course, when I get the car back from the dealer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
When you manufacture thousands of parts you can expect a failure of some. If the factory that made the control arm (by the way what fluid? Didn't know control arms had fluid) has an ISO 9002, a 5S, or Six Sigma quality program established they likely have have good quality. Since I've been on this forum you are the first to report this that I've seen so you got part number 9998 which was made first thing on a Monday morning and got messed up. I think you will be fine after this. Except for the impending transmission failure:)

I'll be damned, upon googling it I find they are indeed fluid filled. I replaced some on a 90 civic wagon I restored back when gas first hit $4/gal in Missouri, and the bushings I put in were near solid urethane. They were red too. Got them at Autozone and they weren't cheap.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you manufacture thousands of parts you can expect a failure of some. If the factory that made the control arm (by the way what fluid? Didn't know control arms had fluid) has an ISO 9002, a 5S, or Six Sigma quality program established they likely have have good quality. Since I've been on this forum you are the first to report this that I've seen so you got part number 9998 which was made first thing on a Monday morning and got messed up. I think you will be fine after this. Except for the impending transmission failure:)

I'll be damned, upon googling it I find they are indeed fluid filled. I replaced some on a 90 civic wagon I restored back when gas first hit $4/gal in Missouri, and the bushings I put in were near solid urethane. They were red too. Got them at Autozone and they weren't cheap.
I am just going by what the service writer told me. I had told them previously I thought the power steering fluid was a little low, but they said it was within limits. That should have been a clue for them to check the steering system.

The fluid was almost clear with a little light brown look to it. It had an oily feel, but not nearly as viscous as motor oil. It also stained my painted garage floor. I am still waiting for them to get the steering control arm in. For some silly reason they said they do not get a truck in on Mondays which means I'll probably have to wait until Tuesday before the car is fixed.

I am sort of funny, I have full trust in a vehicle until something goes wrong with it and then I become a little suspect of it. I hope that you are right and everything will be okay from here on. If it is not I shall so regret selling the Accord in spite of its harsh ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts