The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Re: infiniti G35

scottlny said:

Yeah I hear you.. it's an altima.. with refined features.. but it's no different that Lexus.. c'mon.. an ES300?? can you say Camry???
It's not an Altima. It's a totally different platform - RWD. Nissan is sporting their "Midship" 52/48 front/rear weight ratio with the G35 (also in the Z I believe).

The only thing similar is probably the VQ engine, but with 260 horses.

·
Former Alty Owner
3,072 Posts
Re: Re: Re: infiniti G35

psteng19 said:

It's not an Altima. It's a totally different platform - RWD. Nissan is sporting their "Midship" 52/48 front/rear weight ratio with the G35 (also in the Z I believe).

The only thing similar is probably the VQ engine, but with 260 horses.
the engine is not the only thing similiar.. look at the body style?? it's the same car.. I wasn't talking about the weight distribution, or FWD/RWD..

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
Do some research before you start calling the G35 an Altima...

Altima = Code L31 = SSL(?) Gobal Platform

G35 = Code V35 (I think) = FM Global Platform = JDM Nissan Skyline

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
scottlny said:

They are... Inifiniti is Nissan's flagship line.. like Lexus is Toyota's..

G35 does not equal L31 Altima. The I30 and Maxima are related to each other like the ES300 and Camry are, however, the G35 and the Altima are not.

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
scottlny said:

They are... Inifiniti is Nissan's flagship line.. like Lexus is Toyota's..

Infiniti is Nissan's luxury division, not flagship line. Same with Lexus/Toyota, Honda/Acura... Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura are luxury divisions, not flagships...

·
Former Alty Owner
3,072 Posts
Ry said:

G35 does not equal L31 Altima. The I30 and Maxima are related to each other like the ES300 and Camry are, however, the G35 and the Altima are not.
So you're telling me.. the body style of the Altima and the G35 is not similar if not the same?? :confused: b/c it sure looks like it is.. as for me saying "flagship", I meant luxury.. but regardless.. if you put what I said in a sentence I knew what I was saying.. as for the G35 and 350Z being built on a separate platform.. that's great.. but the G35 still looks like the Altima..

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
scottlny said:

So you're telling me.. the body style of the Altima and the G35 is not similar if not the same?? :confused: b/c it sure looks like it is.. as for me saying "flagship", I meant luxury.. but regardless.. if you put what I said in a sentence I knew what I was saying.. as for the G35 and 350Z being built on a separate platform.. that's great.. but the G35 still looks like the Altima..

They aren't the same body style. It's like the Infiniti J30/first gen Altima... Hell, if you want to talk about same body styles, look at the third gen Altima and the current Lexus GS400 because that's almost how related the third gen Altima is to the Infiniti G35... They may look similar, but they are not the same... Seems like everyone's using similar styling cues...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
G35

I have the rightup in front of me. It says the G35 will replace the G20 as the entry level Infiniti. It was chosen to follow the Q45 flagship. Front engine RWD. The G35 spent three times longer in the air tunnel than usual. Coefficient of drag number of 0.27.

Engine is the VQ35 from the I35 and other Nissan products is up to 260 hp. and 260 ft-lb of torque. They go on to say this gives the Infiniti 35 to 60 hp. over its comp.in turms of pure power. The infiniti`s lighter weight makes it the hp. gap even wider than the comp.

The extra hp. over the Alty is attributed to the Quote MESSAGED INTAKE PORTS Unquote. Holy Shit that is some messaging.

Aluminum 5 speed auto or soon to be released 6 sp manual.
There is more said but that is the highlights.

Conclusion it states it is roomier and less costly than it`s comp. which is Audi A4, BMW 3-Series, Cadillac CTS, Lexus Is300 and Mercedes C-Class.

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
Re: G35

Ratwayne said:

The extra hp. over the Alty is attributed to the Quote MESSAGED INTAKE PORTS Unquote. Holy Shit that is some messaging.

You can send messages through the intake ports to tell it to go faster or make more power?

You mean "massaged" right?

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
mad4me said:
Damn! I didn't mean to cause such a heated debate. I just thought it was kind of interesting. Chill, we know the Alty is still da bomg right?

And after this, we should all know that the Altima is not the G35.

·
Always something better
2,549 Posts
They are both Nissan's so spread the love, here is a pic the front end on this car looks much better than the Altima and I like the rear on the G35 over the Altima, although I do like the Altima.

http://www.geocities.com/gacerveza/G35_body_kit.jpg

Everything today looks a like the front of the Altima looks like the front of a Ford Taurus, I still don't see how the Altima looks like a GS but if it does I guess in some way it does

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.