The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
hi
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was talkin to the head installer guy at the local stereo store and i told him i was probably gonna get infinity kappas all around. and he said i shouldnt cuz the cone will warp under sunlight and heat or just eventually be crap. i was shocked. daaamn i thought they were supposed to be good. he recomended mb quarts which i think i might get but anybody else heer anythin like this about the kapps?

·
hi
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know they def arent crap. i didnt take what he said 100% seriously but it makes u think when he will say that about kappas and not mb quarts. i am kinda leanin towards mb quarts anyways cuz i have heard good things. he also said eclipse speakers are really good.

G

·
you should have called him a monkey ****er and punched him in the face for disrespecting your idea about the cappas

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
kappas do suck

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
just kidding

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a pair of kappa 6 x 9's in my rear deck about 2 yrs ago. The cone did get the shit warped out of them..but...I guess that would happen to any speaker that is top mounted in the rear deck without any grill on it, :) Oh well, they had the 3 yr warranty so I just kept playing them till they ripped, took them in and got a new pair shipped in 4 weeks...

Josh

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are they Kappa 693.3i 6X9 3-way speakers? If so I will give you $80 for them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am deciding between Infinity speakers or Rockford Fosgate? What does everyone think? Also if I have my windows tinted will that keep the speakers from getting screwed up? Thanks :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have Cerwin-Vega speakers in my room and I like them a lot. Are their car speakers good? I guess not since I have never seen anyone up here mention them? :confused:

G

·
cerwin-vegas are some of the best!!! they are competition quality speakers....they are just REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE and so most people dont have them to talk about them. my friend go 2 dvc 12's that are vegas and he blows my jl's away

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you don't want your speakers to warp just look for a speaker that isn't made of plastic there are a couple companies out there right now i can't remember any except diamond audio. the m5 series is made of aluminum and the hex is made of carbon fiber and kevlar i believe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts