The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
$ make my Engine go Round
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I suck at this audio upgrade stuff but here goes.

I am setting up my new system and so far I have a Pioneer Premier p840mp for the deck, a pioneer 200W amp and a pioneer 12". I'm not trying to bass to crazy and the amp and sub were a gift anyway.

Now all I need is speakers. I really want Infinity but I'm not quite sure what to get. I have the 6 speaker stock system in my altima with the tweeters. I figured I could get Infinity 105t tweeters to replace the stock ones, they are 1" so I am just making sure these are the right size.

Then my other choice is Kappa or Refence, I am pretty sure the altima comes with 6 1/2 although I thought the upgraded system came with the 6 3/4 but I could be wrong, anyway the Kappa are 30 bucks more than the reference so my question is... is it worth it? Also the front and back speakers are the same size right?

I'm thinking right now to just get the Kappa and the tweeters and call it a day :)

Thanks for your help

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
kappa's!!!!

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
reference are good! Kappas are better! Reference for low powered systems and Kappa for higher powered.

But i really dig the silk dome tweeter on the reference though...sound so sweet.

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Hey Ryan, I'll sell you my Infinity Kappa's! :D I've had them in my car for about 6 months now. They are the 2002, 3-way 6 1/2 ~ 6 3/4 speakers. Post in the Colorado forum if your interested.

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
i have references and they sound great, and a guy once told me that the references are just last years kappas.

·
Throw em up
480 Posts
Kappas have higher max wattage. Like RPMK said: Kappas for higher powered systems, references for lower power

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
I have 14 kappa

speakers in two vehicles, tweeters, 5.25's, 6.5's, 6x9's, 10's you can't go wrong with the sound quality and the price is reasonable as well.

In hindsight I would have done something other than kappas (fosgate) for my subs but oh well it looks really good with the speakers/grilles all the same.

as far as the perfects go you cant even hear the extra frequency range they have as it is outside the human ear (same with the subs (they go to 18 hz (human threshold is like 25)))

and trust me 85-95 watts (kappa max power for components) is more power than you will need for highs and mids with the kappas as they project the sound VERY well outside the car.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
i am going with the kappas in my car. i bought an alpine mrv f340 4 channel amp to push the kappas. i will be buying them in a couple months.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Doesn't matter how much power your going to be using get the kappa's. reference...:whizz: :flames: :vomit:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts