The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Polks in my car now and they are carbage to me. the base is not TIGHT and de tweeters...gosh. they are TOO sharp.

Now I wanna replace them and I want something that is not too sharp sweeter wise, while at the same time the bass is tight and accurate, and also gets LOUDER without distortion. I really dont wanna mess with any components. too much work especially to install the ones in the door. and also i have heard of prolems with the mounting of them. plus componenets are too expensive..the Kappas that is. 165$ damn.

what is your opinion on the 3 way 6 1/2?

·
Alty Go Boom
505 Posts
I love all Infinity's :cool: I don’t think you can go wrong with them.
I do allot of work with music and sound systems Big and Small. And as far as car audio go's I pick Infinity's for mid's and high's

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about JBL's 3way 6 1/2?

i feel ill get a better TWEETER sound with a 3 way speaker...but i wanna make sure im gettin tight accurate bass also.

·
Registered
288 Posts
JBLs car speakers, especially the lower priced ones, are pretty sub par. And as far as 3-ways go...I'd advise against it. The 3-ways have that built-in 'mid' that really doesn't sound that good and doesn't do anything the 6x9 can't do. Also, the 'mids' in 3-ways tend to vibrate alot and cause unneccessary noise due to their positioning directly on the speaker.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, installing the components, especially the tweeter seems like a pain in the rear for the front doors. i do beleive they will give me the mid tight bass i want, but the installation seems like a pain. i dont wanna install the tweeter in the pillow area because i heard it will fall off with the constant slamming of the doors. i have also read that the cross over will fall off when you install that. and the infinity reference..looks like crap.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I bet if you throw an amp on those polks they'll sound alot better...but seriously components are much better.

If you just want an opinion on the infinity's...they sound really good especially for the price. Like I said though, stay away from the 3-ways. My friend has the 2-way 6.5" kappas in his maxima and they sound really really nice. I was definitely surprised they sounded so good (but his were amped). Also, I had the old school green kappa components in my first system and they were top-notch. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the Polks are amped. the tweeter on them sounds like crap. it also could be my JVC HU. i wanna change that to alpine. the sound quality i get sound like shit in my car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol ok ive made up my mind. ill do what it takes to get two pairs of these and do what it takes to get the newst alpine HU. the phantom face one that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts