The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For krackmykysnick regarding Rockford Fosgate and Lightning Audio relations; straight from their Investor Relations report. :)

http://199.230.26.95/rofo/brands.shtml

krackmnkysnick said:

What?! :confused: Where's DeRaNgEd? My RF buddy....you know anything about this?

Rockford Brands
Car Audio

For over 20 years, Rockford Fosgate has been the brand of choice among our core consumers, 16-24 year old males. Many of these consumers devote a significant portion of their time and disposable income to their car audio systems. We believe our core consumers perceive Rockford Fosgate as the "coolest" car audio brand and we target our message to them using aggressive grass roots marketing. As a result of our consumers' loyalty, we believe Rockford Fosgate has generated loyalty among the retailers who use our brand, products and distinctive marketing programs as a "pull" brand to attract these consumers.

In June 1999, as part of our growth strategy to develop additional brands, we acquired Lightning Audio, a manufacturer and distributor of car audio accessories. In January 2000, at the Consumer Electronics Show, we introduced a line of high-performance amplifiers and subwoofers under the Lightning Audio brand Strike, that are more moderately priced than our Rockford Fosgate products. Our Lightning Audio Strike amplifier won an EIA/CES Innovation Award at the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show. At the January 2001 Consumer Electronics Show we introduced new lines of amplifiers and subwoofers under the Bolt and Storm brands. Lightning Audio won two EIA/CES Innovation Awards for a Bolt amplifier and Storm subwoofer at the 2001 Consumer Electronics Show.

In January 2001 we agreed with Nissan North America to develop a Rockford branded OEM system for three new Nissan vehicles for model year 2002. These vehicles will begin selling in the summer of 2001. Rockford Fosgate systems will be standard in Nissan's Xterra SE and optional in the Xterra XE, the Frontier Crew Cab, Supercharged Frontier Crew Cab and the Sentra SE-R. Rockford's OEM systems installed in these vehicles will include a radio/CD player, speakers and an amplifier.

We currently sell our car audio products in the U.S. through approximately 2,300 independent retail stores, including specialty dealers, audio/video retailers, national consumer electronics retailers and catalog merchants. Internationally, we sell our car audio products in over 60 countries through independent distributors and sales representatives. We believe the Rockford Fosgate brand is as widely recognized in many parts of the world as it is in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ok, so this is their "value line" then....basically, if something doesnt come off the line right, they slap a lightning audio sticker on it and mark it down? ;)

Im just playin. Sounds like your shit is rockin! More power to ya.

Im just biased. Always have been and always will be biased 100% towards Alpine for all decks and other multimedia and RF for amps. (however the JL amps have sincerely got my attention.)

Good info, thanks Vix!

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, this is their consumer line, and YES, IT ROCKS!!!
Exxxxtremely suprised at it. They say this S1.1000D is the same as the BD whatever Rockford...

I don't like RF personally, again, I'm sure it's good. I just like to be different.

krackmnkysnick said:
Ok, so this is their "value line" then....basically, if something doesnt come off the line right, they slap a lightning audio sticker on it and mark it down? ;)

Good info, thanks Vix!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII would have a VERY hard time believing that about being the same as the bd....but I have no practical experience with the Lightning Audio stuff so....who knows.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts

OK I got schooled.
Wow! I like RF's amps the best and the subs are OK. There other components suck IMO. I would never buy a HU or any of there componet's. I sure as hell won't buy any Home Theater crap they have. I don't read RF shit all of the time, guess if I did I'd know about Lightining Audio...

Oh Vixen it's the BD 1000 and BD 1500.
:D

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
1,927 Posts
DeRaNgEd said:

OK I got schooled.
Wow! I like RF's amps the best and the subs are OK. There other components suck IMO. I would never buy a HU or any of there componet's. I sure as hell won't buy any Home Theater crap they have. I don't read RF shit all of the time, guess if I did I'd know about Lightining Audio...

Oh Vixen it's the BD 1000 and BD 1500.
:D
you really didnt know lightining audio was part of RF?

they got some other line too, its the kind of bass blockers i have.... dont rember the name but they work...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.