The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You're my boy Blue!
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was still curious about the CAI and ABS problems, so I emailed Hotshot and got this information:

Sent by me:
I was just wondering about fitment of the cold air intake with Altimas having ABS. I know some people have had problems installing and I also heard that the design of the tubing was reworked to avoid this problem. Is there any truth to this or information you could provide on this issue?
From Hotshot:
Hi
Yes, there was a nipple that was touching the ABS system, but that was on the second Altima intake we sold. needless to say, that problem has been fixed for awhile.

Thanks

Hotshot
Maybe this will put some people at ease who were concerned about this issue.

d!

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
I don't know if they fixed it, but there def. wasn't a nipple touching mine, the whole actual pipe made contact with the abs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah, my upper pipe touches the abs... and one of the nipples is positioned in one of the grooves of the abs. i think they should put the nipples in different positions.

kind of stinks, too, because i had to make the piping go around the abs unit.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Well, we recently installed a HS intake (about a week ago) on an ABS equipped Altima, and either I am nuts, but we ran into absolutely no problem at all (Brian, my installer can verify this as well). Since HS changed the design a bit around a few months ago, it may be the reason why we had no problems. I invite any member in Arizona with another ABS equipped Altima to come on down, and we'll check it out. I have no problem testing yet another Alti.

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Usually what happens when the nipple is hitting the ABS, is that the customer has installed the WAI with the wrong end facing the throttle body.

Thanks

John
Hotshot Performance, Inc.

·
You're my boy Blue!
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NissanLunatic said:
I invite any member in Arizona with another ABS equipped Altima to come on down, and we'll check it out. I have no problem testing yet another Alti.

Thanks
Alex
I'm not in AZ but I'll be a guinea pig if I can get one at a discounted price. :D I should be ordering one pretty soon so I'll see how it goes.

d!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts