The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my car isnt running right, its only firing on 3 cylinders and I changed the cap and rotor. I was going to try changing the injector on the cylinder that isnt firing. First, how much is a new injector? Second, if you have any advice about why my car isnt hittin all four cylinders, let me know, thanks. The only other thing I could think of was maybe a burnt valve that was causing my probs. thanks guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
good lock

hi body , first if you already replace cap,rotor.before putting more parts check if plugs and wires are good,in that case get a noid lite this will check if the computer its sending the signal(ground) to make the injector to work ... if you want more inf. let me know...

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
wires, plugs, cap, rotor, ignition, coil, then go to the fuel system... did you run a compression test or a leak down test? what does the plug on that cylinder look like?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Its the injector !! Ill bet money on it !! Just unhook each injector connector one at a time , when you find the cyl. that doest make a change ( the cyl with the miss ), switch that injector with another cylinder , if the miss goes to the other cyl. change the injector !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the plug on cylinder three is fine, thats the bad one that isnt firing.. I found out the hard way that the plug is good.. I stuck a screw driver down there.. so thats why I havent changed the plugs.. the spark plugs have been changed two weeks ago.. so my next guess is my ecu is throwing a code, but I have no way of checking that.. so now with that info can you guys narrow things down a little..

"did you run a compression test or a leak down test? what does the plug on that cylinder look like?"

I havent run one of these yet.. dont know how, dont have the tools prolly.. thanks for all the help, keep posting and I will keep you all informed as well.. thanks again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts