The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, shawn or rev can probably answer this the best but someone else may know as well. what do the injector plug colors(injector end) mean? the 2000 injectors i have in my storage have only 2 holes at the tip and the connector is green. the ones from my 94, i used them on my 2000 engine swap btw, are red with 4 holes... im thinking that the 4 holed ones will be more reliable in that they have more holes to get plugged before i notice a problem. but is there a difference in fuel flow or what?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
The colors were just to match the flow pattern and rates perfectly per car .... They are all tested and the closest ones were matched and colored , so a car would have as closely matched set of injectors as could be !!! No way to tell which ones were better !! Just Nissans way of matching them since the maufacturing prossess made them not 100% perfect !!

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Not sure actually. Ive been asked that by the parts dept when looking them up but nissan doesn't give a listing as to why the different color tips for different cars. I guess altimas built say example 10/96 might be a different set than a altima built 1/97. Nissan is always changing shit so who knows what is actually different about each one.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhh, ill stay with the 4 holed ones then. only about 2 years old. when they go, ill install the other set. :) thanks dudes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts