The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
Nickjx said:
Thanks for the input guys
Nick you've seen my intake.. if I were you just get what you can get for less, and put a BPV on it. The HP Gains between the 2 are negligible at best.

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
Hey Jerry how is the Injen CAI work out for you in the rain? I also liv in San Jose and wanted to get a CAI, but wasn't too sure about sucking rain water into my engine. The roads around my area a really shity, they flood quite bad, when raining.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
BrandonS said:
Hey Jerry how is the Injen CAI work out for you in the rain? I also liv in San Jose and wanted to get a CAI, but wasn't too sure about sucking rain water into my engine. The roads around my area a really shity, they flood quite bad, when raining.
Not a problem but I'm still waiting for my AEM BPV from SWA! If you decide on a BPV, get the 20-403 which will connect right up but will require some cutting on the Injen.

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
with injen you are just paying for the name, that's all. there are other cai's for our car out there besides those 2 by the way. mine is custom, and i'm also buying a new one, but i don't want to mention the brand yet, because as far as i know, nobody has it yet. i hate having what everybody else has.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Kaze101 said:
with injen you are just paying for the name, that's all. there are other cai's for our car out there besides those 2 by the way. mine is custom, and i'm also buying a new one, but i don't want to mention the brand yet, because as far as i know, nobody has it yet. i hate having what everybody else has.
With Injen (and AEM), you're also paying for the CARB E.O. number which means the intake system is legal for use on public streets.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am debating the same thing, which brand to buy. Here is what it says on AEM's website
"AEM induction systems create MORE horsepower than EVERY intake system on the market. Only AEM induction systems feature CNC mandrel-bent 6061 aluminum intake pipes that are individually tuned in both length and diameter to maximize power in each application."
This and they are CARB cert., I think have made my decision. Maybe someone can show me to choose otherwise??? :dunno:

·
614 Posts
roccobro said:
I am debating the same thing, which brand to buy.
they are CARB cert., I think have made my decision. Maybe someone can show me to choose otherwise??? :dunno:
The injen is also smog legal in the State of CA, as long as intake doesn't affect the PCV system and it doesn't modify the MAF sensor, and it all looks legit it is smog legal, intakes don't need to have CARB stickers nemore, The laws have changed recently..
I've made phone calls to the state smog people on this one;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts