The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
talking with altimat, how many people would be interested in eyelids? im playing around in photoshop to get a concept down,

what are your thoughts on a benz-type head light cover?

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
good chop GTWOO, but IMO i think that only certain colors would work such as black where you can't see the details between the material of the body and the eyelid.

what material are you planning to use for the eyelids? can you try to chop it going with the lines of the hood?

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would prob be some sort of clear plastic painted to body color. but im not sure would have to work out the details with mike. just working on the over all idea of it then turning it over to active tuning for production if they feel there is a decent request for them

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
honestly, i think the OEM housing looks really nice and it would be a shame to cover them. but there is always a huge market for 'em people who wanna be different :)

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is one on silver, just to change up the color a bit.
these are very crude pics so please excuse the roughness

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
I kinda like it especially the orange one

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
I like it.. good chop, for what you have to work with.... I would tell a.t. to go for it, but not before they finish up the turn signal mirrors.. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not a big fan of the eyelids, but I wouldnt mind seeing some black housed headlights

·
Lightning Shift 3.5
348 Posts
yeah black housing with projector lowbeams :D but i would want to keep the reflectors in the housing also, i think it would look really good, HID's + projectors = AHHHHHH

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
V-Specin said:
yeah black housing with projector lowbeams :D but i would want to keep the reflectors in the housing also, i think it would look really good, HID's + projectors = AHHHHHH
agreed, i would too, but.. there is alot that goes into that, i dont think we weill be seeing it any time soon but it has been discusses

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deezy24 said:
not my cup of tea. At least on the alty.....if it were a 'cedes then yeah...I like the look.
where do you think the concept came from?

thought maybe it would be a nice touch with the AT l.e.d. mirror covers

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
GTW00 said:
where do you think the concept came from?

thought maybe it would be a nice touch with the AT l.e.d. mirror covers
true...I worded my reply wrong....I realize that its a mecedes headlamp look but imo it wouldn't enhance the look any for the alty. It isn't terrible but it just doesn't look right.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
due to a sim. body shape between the GS300 and the altima, i wanted to get something along that line, but the cant get teh right look. i thougth the best way to go to achieve that look would be to join them like the benz.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
I'm generally not a big fan of the eyelids but that orange one has serious potential!! I agree I think it will look better on some colours than others.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
NO!!! whenever i drive by an altima, i always see the headlights shining. i did just today on the bus. eyelids are one thing, but these are too much. and dont you guys get mad when honda racers and other people steal ideas from nissan. such as gtR and s15 headlights, why try to take someone elses design?
good work on the photo chop, good job to be creative, and i admit eyelids would be cool, esp. cuz i have a black one, just keep working on the design, i understand that this is one of the first design, just keep workin

·
Registered
315 Posts
i think eyelids and this mercedes look alike covers like AWESOME ... and altimats chop pic he had with headlight covers ... just keep pumping the ideas .. to each his own .. i love the look ..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts