The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only on the positive terminal, under the rubber cap... A HELLA LOT of green and white crust all over it, couldn't even see the actual terminal at all.
Is this a symptom of a problem, or of not cleaning terminals often enuf?
btw, it's a 98 with 70K, original battery.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
clean it with baking soda and water. If it is not corroded to the point of neccesitating a new clamp then put terminal washers on (round fuzzy thingys that keep clamp from corroding) or put vaseline or some kind of grease on the terminals. I used a small amount of bearing grease on my terminals and they haven't corroded for years...

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
you can use sprite too.

That's what happened with my battery. Positive terminal was super corroded. Took it aprt (clamps) and soaked em. cleaned it right up. then I replaced the battery.

it was a 99 with 36K.

·
Old School
131 Posts
Don't use freakin' coke on your battery!!! So you replace the corrosion with sugar, real good. Use the baking soda and water to clean it. Then use WD-40 to protect it from further corrosion (and to further clean it). From there, just give it a small shot of WD-40 every 3-6 months (when you change the oil is a good time), and you will be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.