The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anybody know what is inside a Nissan Altima resonator? I notice I have some spot welds under the resonator and wondering is there like chambers inside it?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Should be straight through (no baffles)...otherwise it's a muffler not a resonator.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should be straight through (no baffles)...otherwise it's a muffler not a resonator.
Yeah that what I thought but on mine 2002 Nissan Altima VQ35DE my resonator has spot welds on the bottom and it's like 3 foot long. I looking just to get sound out.

·
6,365 Posts
I would guess the spot welds fix some kind of screen holding the glasspack against the outer shell...but that is a WAG on my part...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would guess the spot welds fix some kind of screen holding the glasspack against the outer shell...but that is a WAG on my part...
So if I remove the resonator well I get a sound? My co work said if I cut the 2nd cat out I'll get more power but I might not have a sound? Is this somthing I should do? Or what please help. I really do want to spend a whole lot of money

·
6,365 Posts
replace the resonator with your cherry bomb, closest thing to what I think you want. I'd leave the cat in place for now as it won't make much diff to the sound level at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts