The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I went to open the door to get out of the car last night and the handle just did nothing. So I had to roll down the window and use the outside one. My 2013 Altima is starting to feel like an old beater already :-(

Anyone else have this happen ? Is it expensive to fix ? I'm trying to decide if I should fix it or take it in to the dealer.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Either the nylon clip on the inner pull handle, the cable, or the clip on the door latch end of the cable. My guess would be the the door latch end has issues (seized, disengaged)...because it's the biggest PITA to get at.

To get in, you'll need to remove the inner door panel to see what state the latch pull cable is in. A few screws, removal of the arm rest and learning where the dozen or so plastic pops are and it's off. Check the FSM and/or youtube for help.

Not hard, I have replace cables and latches on Gen3's without much fuss.

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either the nylon clip on the inner pull handle, the cable, or the clip on the door latch end of the cable. My guess would be the the door latch end has issues (seized, disengaged)...because it's the biggest PITA to get at.

To get in, you'll need to remove the inner door panel to see what state the latch pull cable is in. A few screws, removal of the arm rest and learning where the dozen or so plastic pops are and it's off. Check the FSM and/or youtube for help.

Not hard, I have replace cables and latches on Gen3's without much fuss.
Thanks, I found a good YouTube for taking the door apart. I'll get a quote from the dealer today and if it's more than $200 I'll do it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What mastertech said. At one point it was even backordered. First one i ever encountered it was on a pathfinder when they first came out

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI , it's a 5 minute job .

I understand the skeeter part.
I would also have the identify the problem and get someone to drive me to dealer for parts and hope they have it. Kinda wish I had done it myself, there are pry marks where you don't need to pry so now my door is damaged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Super easy job to do, I've already had to replace 3 of them. I wouldn't pay more than $50 to have someone else replace it. I think the part was $13 on Amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts