The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its been a year and took my car in to get my inspection sticker. in NY for newer cars is seems as if they dont do any emission checks on the cars, all i paid was $10 for a safety check. they check the lights, the tread on the tires and pull one wheel and check brakes. so those of you that live in NY, you can prob get away with a exhaust that eliminates the cats. just thought i would pass on some info to you.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Did you re-torque the wheel they pulled? If not, you may want to do this.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
I dont know how it works in NY, but here in MA we have 2 versions of the emissions test. You get safety every year, but emmissions depends on the car model year (odd or even). For instance, this year all odd year vehicles get tested for emmisions.

If the car is new, the test is done through the OBD II port, which allows the emmisions equipment check to see if the car has reported any errors.

GTW00 said:
well its been a year and took my car in to get my inspection sticker. in NY for newer cars is seems as if they dont do any emission checks on the cars, all i paid was $10 for a safety check. they check the lights, the tread on the tires and pull one wheel and check brakes. so those of you that live in NY, you can prob get away with a exhaust that eliminates the cats. just thought i would pass on some info to you.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
pimpin'alty said:
what is re-torquing the wheel??
When you rotate tires or otherwise remove a wheel, you should use a torque wrench to make sure all lug nuts are evenly torqued to the proper spec. If someone else is messing with your car, such as an inspector, then you should re-check the torque on the lug nuts as soon as possible. Unevenly torqued lug nuts can lead to premature warping of the brake rotors.

If you don't have a torque wrench, then use this as an excuse to add another tool to your toolbox. I picked up a basic Craftsman torque wrench from Sears several years ago for under $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts