The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on buying a dvd player and in dash moniter for my car, but what kind of money am i looking at to get this installed?

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i cant, how much u think?

·
F**ked Up Member
280 Posts
prolly $40-$65 an hour depends on where u go and who u know.
But if u bought that stuff from the audio shop they usually install it for free??

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on ordering it online. and going to a place to get it wired in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing...how hard is it to do yourself? I have never installed stuff in a car before but I am good with installing and hooking up different kinds of electronics. Where would the TV Tuner go? And the DVD Player?

·
F**ked Up Member
280 Posts
Both TV Tuner and DVD would go into the video input on the in dash monitor. There are some units out that that have TV Tuner and DVD built in. Just search around you'll find a perfect Mobile Video System.

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it woudnt be hard hooking it up, but what im looking to do is build like a new base into my dash. a job that would require a little bit more experience

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
It's not hard to DIY if you know what you're doing. I installed my indash DVD-monitor myself with no problems...but, I've done installs for a very long time now.

As far as building your own base, just get a dash kit. Unless you plan on putting in 2 single DIN's, them you probably have to build it yourself. If it's a single DIN, then buy a dash kit for your alty. They do make one for the 3rd gen. Search, or ask your local stereo dealer for one. It costs about $10-$15.

Just follow instructions very carefully. If you run into the 'brake' safety wire, ground it to bypass it.

·
F**ked Up Member
280 Posts
So to bypass the brake feature (so you can watch dvd's while driving) all you have to do is ground it to any metal part of the car to bypass it. Is that for most units or only certain ones??

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
you are right... if you ground the parking brake cable.. it will work all the time.. thats what I did with my tv/dvd and my navigation unit.. so I can do whatever I want when I want..

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bah, what shud i do, i got the 6 cd changer, i dont wana buy a whole unit....i just wana put in a tv, hook up ps2 to it and get this shit on the road. i dont wana get rid of the stock one that i got.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts