The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Other Fella
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up. I did some calling around today to find out the install prices of a new muffler (Magnaflow) Im thinking of getting online somewhere! And on SI so far I was quoted about $100/up from one place, depending on what needs to be done Mods etc.
called another and got $65 / $75 again depending on what needs to be done. Are these the going rate?

Im just trying figure out the total cost Muff plus install. Also If anyone knows a good reputuable shop they go to in BKLYN / SI / Hey even Queens that will do this install for a good price, PLS let me know. Right now Im looking online for the Muff (And I always thought no Muff's to Tuff :D), But finding it for a good price is another story.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Don't ask me. You know my story.

·
The Other Fella
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you

flarearrow said:
Don't ask me. You know my story.
Just seeing if anyone around (a little closer to me) has a place they like. Although one guy above seemed to know, and was very helpfull. But he was the more expensive one. I have some time still. I collected about 325 cans this week ( I think Im up to $16.25 now), Just need to load up the Alti this weekend... Garbage night here and see If I can find some more. :D

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
talk to Tone (a member on here), he lives in Staten Island too.

-Robb-

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
i know crown muffler on S.I. does good work....

think they might be kinda pricey....

most places will charge u like $70-90 just to install the muffler...it'd be cheaper to get the muffler and the whole cat back done together....

·
The Other Fella
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ALtImAtUmNY said:
i know crown muffler on S.I. does good work....

think they might be kinda pricey....
Yeah Tone a while back mentioned Total Exhaust, i called them but was unable to get the prices. You are right I spoke to Crown... thats the one who is little more than the other two I called. He seemd to know his shit, and according to the Magnaflow site a "*Your MagnaFlow Preferred Pro-Installer" .
ALtImAtUmNY said:

most places will charge u like $70-90 just to install the muffler...it'd be cheaper to get the muffler and the whole cat back done together....
Yep this is why I called around. I want to see. Maybe Crown is the one. So lets see Muff about $110.00, and install ??? ah I have time yet to find out. Also I may have to choose another muff (a little cheaper). Thanks Maybe others will chime in with shops still.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
AlienAlt said:
United Exhaust shop in Port Jefferson station on Long Island has a Mandrel Bending machine...they sell Magnaflows there but you can probably get a better deal online....Mandrel pipe is about 150-200 depending.
sweet....u got urs done there? stainless steel i assume?

·
The Other Fella
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill be calling them this week.

Yeah I knew what you ment ;) But they did seem to be honest / friendly on the horn, with my questions. I will call Ripp this week. You also mentioned crowns work and when I spoke to the old guy he was very helpfull in mentioning he does not like any one coming back, this is why he does the owrk he does. (Sales Pitch) sure.

ALtImAtUmNY... you mentioned

Yep this is what I trying to find out? What would be a good price to get pipe from the CAT- Back to the muff. Crown for instance quoted about $100 for the muffler alone, would $75 more be the average fro the extra pipe work? Just trying to not get ripped for this mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts