Nissan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I installed my system in my new 2001 Altima. I'm not overly thrilled with my setup and need some advice. My bass sound is very BOOMY and LOOSE sounding. I would like to get a tighter all-around bass sound. I had a similar setup in my Probe and it worked great but for some reason it isn't working here.:( This is what I have:

Pioneer DEH-2300 CD Receiver
Kenwood 6.75's
Blaupunkt 6.75 OD series
Kenwood 10" Bass Tube
Alpine amp (bridged @ 320 watts)

Any suggestions to help me out?

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My other car was a hatch...and your right they do usually sound better. I didn't think of that.

But I tightened up the sound!

I spoke with my brother about it as well. I stuffed the port on the tube and turned it around to face the rear of the trunk. DUH!

Needless to say, everything sounds a lot better.

Thanks for your tips! :)

JB

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you have a nice system like that i would recommend getting a better in dash receiver. I have the pioneer DEH-7300 and i love it. it has much more extras than the 2300. I also agree with the 1-farad cap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spensbuc28 said:
If you have a nice system like that i would recommend getting a better in dash receiver. I have the pioneer DEH-7300 and i love it. it has much more extras than the 2300. I also agree with the 1-farad cap.
Well, I thought about something better than the 2300. Money wasn't an issue in this case but I'm really not fond of the Flip Down Face Plates to put CDs in it. So I opted for the best one that didn't have it. The extras would be nice though. I will seriously consider the 1 farad cap!

Thanks for everybody's input,

JB

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
newbies, caps do work. BUT, it depends on what it is you are trying to fix by using one. :) If your lights dim, then it's a voltage issue, and caps WILL NOT fix that! A new battery or another battery WILL NOT fix that! The ONLY fix is going to be to get a HO alt (a new battery or another battery would be a great addition as well). If lights blink, then caps WILL work. The voltage isn't effected but for quick bursts, in which caps will be able to hold the charge for those burts.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
james33440
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing