The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a definte improvement over stock mapping.
That high rev limiter is a bit scary, but you gotta know where to shift. The car definetly pulls harder now. I am going to try and do some dyno pulls tomorrow. Before and after ecu. I have the old one in glove box!

I will post results when I get them.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
make sure when u get the dyno u get a a/f map to see if they actually did a good job with the map. U got headers right? cant wait to see the dyno results..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i want to know as well.........hey grim i don t know if u saw my dyno sheet after but the a/f map looked pretty good........it was running real good..........

rlsr20de: where did u get the extra ecu? .......i been looking for one at junk yards but the car it s too new. it s hard to find out on the market

albert

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
redline is 7100? Its too much, I have always felt that the best time to shift was about 6200 or so.

I ordered a new ECU to have remapped. Now I have two.
You can def tell a difference. Car pulls harder on the top end. Almost feels like a turbo in first gear!

I do have headers & with the lightweight flywheel, the Revs are insane!

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Question

rlsr20de said:
redline is 7100? Its too much, I have always felt that the best time to shift was about 6200 or so.

I ordered a new ECU to have remapped. Now I have two.
You can def tell a difference. Car pulls harder on the top end. Almost feels like a turbo in first gear!

I do have headers & with the lightweight flywheel, the Revs are insane!
Hey rlsr20de;

I have similar mods as you, minus the headers(downpipe instead), are you considering doing 1/4mile and 0-60 times at the track? What do you see?

Also, have you tried the the topspeed yet? I heard it was removed with the new ECU.

Thanks for sharing the good news!

Cheers

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
395.00 Install is a breeze. Disconnect battery. Remove glove box. Loosen trim begine glove box. ECU is to the right of glove box. Unclip wiring harness. Then Thats it.

It made quite a difference.

Some dyno tuning & that smt-6 should really open her up!

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
lowriderman3 said:
Rob..Are these for 3.5 only? Also, can you post a link to the place where you bought it from.
Lowrider these are only for the VQ35 series engines. I would check www.b15sentra.net and see what ECU upgrades are available. Since you share the QR25 engine with the Spec V and the SE-R you'll find all the mods there that apply.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Hey Rob...

Glad to hear that you finally got the ECU installed... I can't wait for your dyno, at least that will put an end to all this disbelief that people have over the Technosquare ECU.

I'll PM you about the overlays since I just got back into town last night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts