The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I purchased a new Bluetooth receiver with a wide widescreen touchscreen (Boss BV755B) which also included a backup camera. I have installed the receiver and ran the wire for the backup camera. My problem is that I can not figure out how to connect the camera to the reverse light. Does anyone know what wires that I should be using?

There are 5 wires that go to the tail light harness.

Black
Yellow
Gray
Orange
Purple

On the harness side of the wires are all black so there isn't a way for me to trace the wires. Also, once I had the rear light fixture off the car I noticed that there were 3 wires going into the reverse light housing. I was only expecting to see 2 wires.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In mine, it is the yellow one. Put your key into the ON position, set the parking brake, and put the red (+) probe from a volt meter into one of the holes on the other side from the wires. If your volt meter probe won't go in, you can use a pointed piece of metal and put the probe against that piece of metal. Put the other (-) volt meter probe on a ground (metal bolt that has connectivity to the frame) and have someone put the car into reverse. If you read 12 volts, that hole goes to the backup lamp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I did that and found that the yellow wire was the reverse wire. I was able to get the wire for the camera connected to the reverse wire and the ground connected. The backup camera now works!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an 06 Mine doesn't work when I go into reverse! It only works if I select it from the deck. I do have the correct wire in the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would check to see if you have the correct wire in the back of the radio connected to the backup power wire. Mine was a purple/white wire off the back of the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts