The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 hybrid. It has the stock am/fm CD player (NOT BOSE) I am going to purchase a used Nissan Bose navigation head unit to put in it. I've also seen that it looks like the hybrid has a specific Bose amplifier...? Aside from the head unit and the amplifier, what else will I need to complete the swap to the Bose navigation unit? And is there a specific navigation head unit or just any that's compatible with 2009?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
The NAV unit from 09-12 will fit the dash hole. The easiest approach to get the NAV feature, would be to use a generic amp to drive the existing speakers. Tuck the amp in behind the centre console and splice into existing harness you should be largely good to go. When you get the NAV unit, make sure to get the corresponding GPS antenna and ideally the harness connectors with enough wire to allow you to splice. These units are NOT plug and play from a connector perspective.

If you are doing a full BOSE transplant...you'll need the speakers, the harnesses, the amp etc....whole lotta unnecessary work in my book.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Great input and very much appreciated! I hadn't decided yet if I was going to do the entire system or just the head unit... But I'll let you know which direction I go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts