The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright guys. I have never installed a CD player before in my life, and i know nothing about it.

But I downloaded this wiring diagram from installdr.com and it has basically all the wires in my deck and the wires in the car. So I'm gonna try to install it.

Have any of you guys who dont know shit about cd players installed your own before by using a diagram? all comments would be appreciated. thanks!

·
OG member
1,574 Posts
just dont touch any wires together that don't belong together and you'll be fine.
that ones important

·
altimas.net GOD
1,503 Posts
eatmocake said:
just dont touch any wires together that don't belong together and you'll be fine.
that ones important
yeah very important i learned the hard way

·
Dad
316 Posts
I've said this before but I would disconnect the neg batt terminal while you work to prevent any accidental shorting. It might also be a good investment to spend ten bucks on one of the premade harnesses that just plug into your factory one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by eatmocake
that ones important
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah crap. you know what? I had a friend TRY to install my Cd player a while back. but he couldn't. And now, everytime I start my car my windshield wipers go on once, and also I can't adjust my illumination as well. You think maybe he touched the wires?

oh and I tried to install my CD pLayer. I got some of the wires connected, but the rest of them I couldn't figure out which ones went to what. So yah, i'm still Cd-Player-less... =[

·
Singing Crack Rabbit
20 Posts
Brut said:
quote:
that ones important

ah crap. you know what? I had a friend TRY to install my Cd player a while back. but he couldn't. And now, everytime I start my car my windshield wipers go on once, and also I can't adjust my illumination as well. You think maybe he touched the wires?

oh and I tried to install my CD pLayer. I got some of the wires connected, but the rest of them I couldn't figure out which ones went to what. So yah, i'm still Cd-Player-less... =[
Get a wiring harness! Then you don't even need to worry about "touching wires together".

Though it sounds like you already hacked apart the stock wiring, so this may not apply.

·
OG member
1,574 Posts
i dunno how he did that thing with the windshield wipers... but i find it hard to believe that he did it from the head unit area. and a wiring harness won't always prevent wires from touching. keep in mind that you have to connect the wiring harness to other wires at some point- here you will have bare splices which should be soldered and covered with tape.

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
Brut said:
quote:
that ones important

i have no clue bout the wipers but the reason your illumination may not work is because he fried the dimmer switch. very easy to do. I did. you got lucky tho when i fried mine it was stuck on "off" so i had no lights. Get a new one at a junkyard. cost me $1.60 . (p.s. the one from a 91 sentra work/fit perfect)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts