The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Injen CAI today, I can't wait. It's raining in NC today with a wintery mix so I won't get to really test it out until Monday or Tuesday. Oh well, I have been enjoying 26.5 mpg, I guess that will be down for a while as I enjoy the growl:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finished a few hours ago and it is awesome, the weather has held off so I took it for a test drive. I love the sound and the extra kick you get at 4,000 RPM's is so nice. My favorite thing I think is it is only loud when you get on it, other wise it's quite. Btw, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE THE BUMPER TO INSTALL THE INTAKE, just put on the filter and then slid it up from underneath the car. It took me like an 1 1/2 but I am slow and I was taking some pictures. I recommend this mod to everyone, it is the best bang for your buck. Don't worry about that hydrolock crap unless you plan on driving through a pond, besides if you are that paranoid or you plan on driving through a pond then just get the AEM bypass valve and waste $60 - $80, either GET A CAI:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nissan_Fanatic,

Gald you like your INJEN CAI. I have one too, and I also love it. Its quiet like stock and my g/f didnt realize I had one on until I was driving one night and some dumb shit in a 94 prelude tried to rev-up on me and I was like what man...!!!! You want to get some of this!!! hahaha And burn the shit out of him. Damn prelude with a tin can with a rock inside for a muffler. But anyways back to what i was trying to get at. She was like did you get something and I was guilty as charged. But its really great and I have been driving in the rain already a couple times and splashed in a couple of small puddles but no big threat. Checked my filter after when I got home and it was still dry. There was an alti owner who said that he drove in a really hard down pour, not rain, but pouring rain. And it was still ok with no BPV. But im just rambling now so ENJOY and check my registry!!!! Mines BLUE Check it out....

Oh yeah also if you send in a copy of your reciet of your purchase of your INJEN CAI to INJEN they will mail you a carb sticker for your car. I would have done that already except that my alty is a 2003 and I called and asked if its carb leagal yet and they said not until the end of the year. Enjoy!!!!!:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks iceman55508.

I take it your girl doesn't want you to mod you car either, I know the feeling, it was a huge aurgement when I had to tell her I ordered it(she came in the room when I was emailing the guy back I was going to buy it from) and yesterday while I was installing it she kept coming outside and saying I can't believe your doing that your car. She told me the day I got my car the only thing I can do to it was tint the windows but I got bigger plans than that.
Man, i am so jealous of your silver, I wanted silver so bad (and still do) but the polished pewter was the only one of the lot with a 5-speed and that was the 6th dealership I went to, plus they were the only delearship that willling to work with me because I was so heavy on my trade in (i trade cars too often which creates negative equity) but I am hanging on to this one. What is the carb legal?, is this a state inspection requirement?, I don't think I have to worry about that in NC. I bought the intake used off someone that sold his car for $140 so I wouldn't really have a receipt.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Nissan_fanatic, for what it's worth, I like silver too. But the polished pewter is unique and I've really come to love this color. Your car looks just like mine (but probably sounds better from your stereo description). My wife is scared to death of the mod bug for this car. It's a little hard to argue with her after I spent a load of $$ to make my Camaro a 10 sec ride !! She has a right to be nervous :) I told her intake and exhaust, and that's it.

(until the supercharger is available ;) )

·
Registered
953 Posts
nissan_fanatic,

If you really like my silver car, you should check out JerryJ's car. His is silver too but its more tricked out then mine. Glad you like my car but being that I have a silver car also I envy JerryJ's car even more then mine. Except for the fact that I have a 5speed. But its still really nice to drool over JerryJ's car. Glad you like your INJEN CAI. Well since you dont have a reciet you can check out INJEN.com and look at what intakes are carb legal and the 2002 altimas are carb legal.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
What are you guys doing, letting your girl friends dictate what you can and "can't" do to YOUR car? Is she making payments? Is her name on the registration?

If you have a girl friend who is getting in the way of your "toys", it may be time to find another girl friend.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
Exactly!!! I'm sittin' here looking at "my g/f said this and that" "my wife said this and that"...ok...it's kinda understandable but damn. My g/f rolls her eyes whenever I decide to get something but if she said something, there'd be a nice little argument. She knows better than to tell me what I can and can't do to my own car.

Anyways...:D I have the Injen CAI too. Also in blue, like iceman. I enjoy it very much. When it poured rain last week, I just converted it to WAI by removing the long piping and stickin' the filter to the end. CAI to instant WAI. I don't know that you 3.5's can do that or not. Anyway, I love the pewter color also. You don't want another silver like everybody else has. :p Don't get me wrong. I love my silver alty, but pewter is also a great color. Enjoy!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, when there is stuff to get for the house and I spend money on my car instead of house stuff, that is when it becomes an arguement, we just built a new house so that list is still pretty big. When you are married, things change, I promise, unless you have money comming out the a$$, what am I saying, it is still probably the same;:D

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Nissan_fanatic said:
well, when there is stuff to get for the house and I spend money on my car instead of house stuff, that is when it becomes an arguement, we just built a new house so that list is still pretty big. When you are married, things change, I promise, unless you have money comming out the a$$, what am I saying, it is still probably the same;:D
You are right about the expense on the house. Before I bought my Alty, I myself dedicated my time & money fixing up the house. It's a brand new house about 4 years ago and let me tell you we spent $$$$$$$$ and lots of it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JerryJ,
I couldn't view any of those pics, they all came up as "page can not be displayed". Btw, love your Altima, I think yours is my favorite. Just curious, why not a 5-speed?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Nissan_fanatic said:
JerryJ,
I couldn't view any of those pics, they all came up as "page can not be displayed". Btw, love your Altima, I think yours is my favorite. Just curious, why not a 5-speed?
At the time the automatic made sense to me since most of my driving is in the city. All my cars prior to this one was stick and I needed a change.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nissan_fanatic said:
Just curious, why not a 5-speed?
You obviously haven't driven in San Jose. Or L.A. for that matter. It's tough to drive in traffic and shift while holding a cell-phone. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your right, I don't have to worry about too much traffic in Lexington, North Carolina. I never see more than 10 - 15 cars on my way in to work on the highway, then when I take my exit to go to work it is not bad at all. It makes sense now, I wait until I get to the highway to talk on my cell phone, too hard to change gears, talk and drive, maybe we need integraded cell phones :D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To JerryJ;

I totally understand the new house thing. My wife and I had ours build in '99 and settled in July of that year. I know you live in San Jose and I know that is EXPENSIVE housing. My house is close to 3200 square feet on a quarter acre lot and in San Jose I shutter to think what that might cost. Of course, here in Virginia (about 35 miles from Washington, DC), it ain't exactly cheap. Our house has increased by $100K in just 3 1/2 years.

My "toys" are cars and guns and boats. We sold our last boat in '95; a SeaRay 268 Sundancer (27 footer), so for the time being the toys are just cars and guns. I've bought four guns since last September (one handgun, 3 rifles) with two in the past 10 days (although I traded one of those back in for the other). My wife knows better than to give me a hard time about buying guns. I set money aside each pay period and scrimp until I have enough to get what I want. Besides, she grew up around them and thinks of them as no more than just tools. In other words, she has good common sense.

Incidently, the three rifles I bought most recently are not available to you in the People's Republic of California (sorry, nothing against you.. just the nuts who govern you). Here in Virginia, we can own pretty much what we want because the people in our state legislature know better than to tell us "no". Being a Southerner definitely has its rewards.

Have fun!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts