The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking of replacing the 02 sensor on my car. I heard it was generally inexpensive to replace, but I was wondering if I could do it myself, and if anyone could give me instructiions on how to do it, and where to locate it. I have searched the threads but with no luck.

thanks

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
yeah, doesn't 4character search word minimum suck? and **** everybody who says "search for cai*" cuz that won't bring up all the cai threads!
anyways, there's 2 easily accessible o2 sensors. Do you know which one's malfunctioning? The first is on the heat shield/header. Look at your engine from the front. See the shiny metal thing in front of your engine? There's a lil thing there with a wire coming out. That's the front o2 sensor
The rear is under the car, by the catalytic converter. You're looking for the same thing, something that looks kinda like a spark plug with a wire hanging out.
Jae

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, I am not sure which one is malfunctioning but I know that they have never been replaced and I've got like 150k on my car! I read on some previous posts that people generally change them every 60k or so.

ThurzNite said:
yeah, doesn't 4character search word minimum suck? and **** everybody who says "search for cai*" cuz that won't bring up all the cai threads!
anyways, there's 2 easily accessible o2 sensors. Do you know which one's malfunctioning? The first is on the heat shield/header. Look at your engine from the front. See the shiny metal thing in front of your engine? There's a lil thing there with a wire coming out. That's the front o2 sensor
The rear is under the car, by the catalytic converter. You're looking for the same thing, something that looks kinda like a spark plug with a wire hanging out.
Jae

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Tommy said:
If you have 93 ,it's got only one at the heat sheid.
duh...i forgot...obdI. thanx for watching my back.
Jae

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I bought the car used so I don't exactly know if it is acting up. One thing for sure is that when I replaced the spark plugs they were pretty black, and my gas mileage is pretty shitty. So I feel that I must replace the fuel filter.

jethro_13 said:
is the car not behaving the way it used to? cause if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts