The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having difficulty installing a Bull Dog remote starter in my Automatic 2000 Altima SE. The issues seems to be with the anit-theft system...the engine starts to crank, but is immediatly stopped.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance from anyone that has attempted to install a bull dog remote starter or who has had similiar problems with another remote starter.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Automatic, or are you bypassing the clutch interlock in a manual?

(I'm not going to have your answer, but I wanted to clarify that for anyone else who comes in and might be able to help you.)

BTW, where in OH are you?

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Cool ... Sass has a new friend. (I lived there for about 2.5 years, grew up in Cincy, wife's family is in Toledo ... was just curious where you are.)

·
NISMO R-TUNE
125 Posts
Ohio Altima said:
I am having difficulty installing a Bull Dog remote starter in my Automatic 2000 Altima SE. The issues seems to be with the anit-theft system...the engine starts to crank, but is immediatly stopped.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance from anyone that has attempted to install a bull dog remote starter or who has had similiar problems with another remote starter.
DUDE THE 2000 ALTIMA SE HAS A FACTORY IMMOBLIZER SYSTEM IN IT, YOU CAN TELL BY THE BLUE DOT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE KEY WHERE IT GOES INTO THE BLACK PLASTIC,YU'LL NEED TO GET AN EXTRA KEY MADE BY THE DEALER AND GET A BYPASS MODULE ( DEI PART# 555-U ) BUT WHEN YOU GO TOTHE DEALER YOU MUST HAVE ALL KEY'S TO THE CAR, CAUSE THEY ALL HAVE TO BE RE-PROGRAMED AT THE SAME TIME. IF YOU NEED A WIREING PRINT OUT JUST E-MAIL ME AND I'LL E-MAIL ONE TO YOU OK, HOPE THIS HELPS...........

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
Re: Re: Installing Remote Starter in 2000 Altima

SOUND2NR said:

DUDE THE 2000 ALTIMA SE HAS A FACTORY IMMOBLIZER SYSTEM IN IT, YOU'LL NEED TO GET AN EXTRA KEY MADE BY THE DEALER AND GET A BYPASS MODULE ( DEI PART# 555-U ) BUT WHEN YOU GO TOTHE DEALER YOU MUST HAVE ALL KEY'S TO THE CAR, CAUSE THEY ALL HAVE TO BE RE-PROGRAMED AT THE SAME TIME.
That's what I did when I installed my remote starter to my alty... cost me like 180 for the dealer to reprogram the keys and you will only have one key for your car.... I regretted it after I installed the alarm.. but on the bright side I don't have to wait for warmups :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.