The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm installing a replacement automatic antenna on my alty (I forgot to turn the radio off when i went through the car wash...i'm such a dumbass). Anyway I can't figure out the wiring combination, does anybody know which wires for the stock antenna do what? LIke which one goes to the radio, which to the battery...? thanks.

·
_________
312 Posts
I think there's three wires
thick black cord goes to the radio
thin black wire=ground
and (power) black/red wire goes to the radio
(for 98-01 , different for 1st gen)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, theres like 5 wires for a first gen if anybody has replaced an antenna on a first gen. I didnt just replace the mast cuz the whole assembly got bent up, i guess the car wash like pulled the mast back and bent up the mechanism.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was actually thinking of shaving my antenna and putting the antenna off of the new bmw718 on my car. Does anyone know of anyone doing this or if its even possible? The antenna kinda looks like a tiny shark fin in the middle of the roof (in back). I just saw one yesterday and thought it would be better than the big bulky mast. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
Automatic cars washed are the devil, unless touchless... Dont go to them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was thinking of ditching my antenna and going satalite and finding some way to cover up the hole.. I was in the a store listening to satalite and i realized it wasn't edited...any thoughts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
aaron1017 said:
Automatic cars washed are the devil, unless touchless... Dont go to them.
touchless does jack on dirt so why bother? :p

since the paint on my car has tons of fine scratches (which I can see with frost and salt build up, i just go to the soft cloth wash until summer rolls around and I can wash, wax and polish at home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts