The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a set of sprint springs...dont really know how to install them but im gonna do it myself.....also, how exactly do i take out my backseat on a 00 altima? or is this necessary??? thanks guys...btw i need advice fast

·
your mom felt my length
886 Posts
"yeah officer, his head landed about 15 meters from where he was working on the car, i heard a loud pop and saw jimmy just fall over"

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
yes, do be careful. Maybe you should pick up a chilton manual or something...you'll need a spring compressor that's for sure and probably someone suicidal enough to hold it for you

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
FiReMuNkI said:
just bought a set of sprint springs...dont really know how to install them but im gonna do it myself.....also, how exactly do i take out my backseat on a 00 altima? or is this necessary??? thanks guys...btw i need advice fast
Yep you have to take out the back seat.

There should be two 14mm bolts on each side of the bottom seat cushin that you need to take out. The bottom cushin should lift right out now

Then there are two 10mm bolts(one on each) holding in the side cushins on each side, those need to come out. Be careful when taking the cushins out because you have to lift up then out.

When those are out you have to pop the plastic moldings off each side by the rear window, then just slide the parcel shelf off then you have access to the struts.

Also this is how you change out your rear speakers.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
One of my friends told me how he pops the springs off the struts. He places the setup on the floor by a wall, bottom of strut facing away from the wall. You use a rachet to get the top nut off and that rests against the wall. Then use 1 foot to step on the upper spring perch and start turning the rachet. Soon, the spring and strut will shoot out. Just be careful where you're aiming.
Anyways, I've never done this...Use the compressor...it's safer.
Jay

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i installed the springs earlier tonite and i must say im very pleased with the drop but they still have to settle over the next week or 2.........i did use a spring compressor..and it wasnt necessary to pull out the backseat, i just folded down the top part!! :confused: why does everyone pull theirs out??? btw the front springs are a bitch to compress and then even worse to uncompress omg that took forever....oh well i love having my car lowered...

·
Registered
9 Posts
...firemunky...

About how long did the whole process take you? I am looking to do the same to my 98 se ever since I got my 17" Konig Verdicts, but I have not yet gotten the nerve up to do it myself...was looking for someone to do the job for me.

Any lessons learned from your experience? Time took, special tools it required besides the spring compressor?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Lat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts