The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into turbo charging the KA. I just have a few questions for those with know how on how to put this thing in. Where do I locate the O2 sensor at. Do I put it into the manifold, or do I put it in the downpipe. On the 1993, does the chip that comes with the turbo kit just clip into my car's now, or do I have to get the whole ECU reprogrammed, that this new chip saudered onto the board?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
your ecu is re-programmed, not a chip... you need to send it to JWT, and they'll do it at thier earliest convenience (took me 6 months for stage 3 upgrade). read the directions bro, if you're worried about placement of O2 sensors, you got some problems.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
cthunder said:
your ecu is re-programmed, not a chip... you need to send it to JWT, and they'll do it at thier earliest convenience (took me 6 months for stage 3 upgrade). read the directions bro, if you're worried about placement of O2 sensors, you got some problems.
when u buy the stage I kit wit the jwt ecu upgrade from a shop, wut do u get??
an actual upgraded ecu or...a voucher or sumthin so u can send ur ecu to jwt???

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah so exactly how long would I have to wait from the time the kit arrives to me, and I send the voucher with the ECU in - to get it back?

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
ALtImAtUmNY said:
so even wit a stage I upgrade...it could take 6 mths?
It shouldn't take that long, but it could! Ask whoever you buy your kit through...they should have the answer.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Waiting on ECU...hmmmmm!

I been waiting on my Stage 3 ECU programming upgrade for about two months now. WOW! Only 4 more months to go! Boy am I lucky!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
reprogrammed ecu took them 2 weeks, the stage1-2 upgrade took them 1 month, stage 3 took em 6 months. depends on it, most people decide to upgrade thier cars now or mid/late summer (or whenever I decide to upgrade).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts