The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a couple of instrument cluster bulbs in my 03 Altima. I know that the size is 73. What brand bulb does Nissan use?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Not entirely sure, as I haven't dismantled the dash displays on this car, but IIRC the lighting is soldered in. There was someone on the forum (or another) that was taking payment for rebuilding dash lighting with different colored LED's. IIRC think @4DZC had them done on his dash...? Lawrence, could you help with this thought? I'm pulling a blank.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Le did my cluster. I am sure there was soldering involved because he mentioned it when I asked. Sadly he has moved on from Nissan as he hasnt been around in sometime now...years. AWESOME person..truly AWESOME! He also did my Frontier's cluster.
Not entirely sure, as I haven't dismantled the dash displays on this car, but IIRC the lighting is soldered in. There was someone on the forum (or another) that was taking payment for rebuilding dash lighting with different colored LED's. IIRC think @4DZC had them done on his dash...? Lawrence, could you help with this thought? I'm pulling a blank.

Reactions: BPuff57

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Le did my cluster. I am sure there was soldering involved because he mentioned it when I asked. Sadly he has moved on from Nissan as he hasnt been around in sometime now...years. AWESOME person..truly AWESOME! He also did my Frontier's cluster.

Thanks, Bud! Wasn't Le the one who did the ridiculously awesome quad retrofit?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Yep! I miss him.....Hope he and his family are doing well.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine are just bulbs that lock and twist. I have some 73 bulbs installed but they're dimmer than the original ones.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
I am pretty sure Le moved onto another platform....

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those who want to know, the bulb brand Nissan uses is Toshiba. I found the name etched on some old bulbs I have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts