The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we should get 1 person, that has cai, and a good wai, like stillen or something, to either dyno 2 times, one with wai, one with cai, or go to the track, but the track has too many variables

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
place racing in wai 0wnz all.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
that cant be a parallel... every car reacts differently to every mod, it is impossible to predict how much HP one brand of mod will have vs another. the best way to accomplish this is to have the exact same car dyno with a WAI and then install a CAI and then dyno, or vice versa. unfortunately, with a CAI, it can be manipulated by the positioning of the fan while it's blowing on your car during the dyno. just because I gain 5 hp from a WAI, doesnt necessarily mean you gain 5 hp, you may gain more you may gain less. and as we all know, specific parts do not blend well together. IE a stillen exhaust may work better with a stillen header and WAI than it would with a hotshot header and a placeracing CAI. the test would be a starting point, but I wouldnt take the info to heart.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
right, this is not "set in stone" just a comparo that may work different for others. but it was the general consensus, neither one did any better than the other in the end, it just got you there a different way.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Zkrazy
Auto with pr cai
HP 141.8

Me
5sp with jwt pop carger
HP 141.1

All other mods are the same. This is just a comparison. The best results would be from the same dyno facility and both cars being either 5sp or auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts