The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will I gain back my low end power if I go back to a WAI, by the time my CAI starts to work it already to late to catch up.

·
Returning Member
79 Posts
I have what Place Racing claims to be Cold Air Intake. I didn't notice that much difference. The intake pipe got really hot, especially close to the throttle body, which makes me wonder if I'm getting warm air intake instead of cold.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a same problem with CAI. But after converting it back to WAI, low end power came back. You might want to try converting it to WAI and see how it feels.

Logically thinking, you would think that CAI drawing cool air and the lenght of the tubing will give you more low to mid power but for me I get more usable power with WAI.
Using 3" dia. flex piping, my WAI takes in somewhat cool air from outside when the car is moving. You might want to try that also.

·
Made Man
1,701 Posts
I have a stillen wai but i really can't feel the difference anymore i think i might have just gotten used to the way it drives. dose anyone know what im talking about?

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you know I put my steel tires back on today because one of my low pro's got a nail in it, so now I have 2 rims in the back of the car and 2 steels with hub caps in the front.

anyway the car has gained some low end power kindda like a lot.
because it feels faster now.
maybe it's my heavy ass 17" wheels that make my car slow.

·
projected member
340 Posts
cai, homemade. never ran it warm so i don't know if ther's a difference

hey ian, also could be you changed the gear ratio with the larger diameter wheels and tires

1 - 20 of 40 Posts