The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you with an aftermarket intake, how do you stop the oil from the valve cover from getting redirected back into the intake manifold. i know the stock setup had a lil catch basin, but the wai or cai doesnt seem to have a way around this. and can this cause problems down the line

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
Ive wondered this too, but I havent had any problems with my CAI since I got it back in February. Maybe Ill take off the midpipe this weekend to check things out.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
Ya know, I never thought about it until you just said that. I cleaned my throttlebody a month or so ago and saw no evidence of any oil that would have flowed through. I've had my WAI w/midpipe for about a year.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
I have had my WAI intake on my 95 for the better part of two years and when I had my TB off to install my TB spacer I noticed no traces of oil at all. I would say you don't have anything to worry about.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
yeah when i installed my CAI, there wasnt oil on the TB, but there was a little oil on the ribbed hose where the valve breather hose connected to.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have found traces of oil by the TB on mine before. I dont know if maybe it was becaues the headgasket was about to go and that might have been the reason for the eccess oil, but i will see what happens with this setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts