The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about CAI's...is any one brand really better than another? best buy for the money? easiest to install?

also, on another note, I'm looking for some seven spoke rims, decent price though, anybody selling? anyplace I should check out? I'm thinking I'd rather get used than pay for brand new ones...

any help would be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I'm sorry, I thought intake would fall under engine performance...and as for the wheels, yeah I realize they should be in a different forum, but I figured why write two posts, when I figure, at least a few people, read more than one of the forums...so if you don't have anything helpful to say...just keep your sperm receptical closed...thanks chief...
 

·
Stringz of Death
Joined
·
2,481 Posts
intake, place racing and hotshot are two popular ones. go to www.liquid-ink.com or www.southwestautoworks.com and check them out. all are easy to install but you need to cut a hole in the fender to make them fit, and if you have ABS youll have to figure out how to clear the brake master cylinder...its big!

for wheels...just search around the for sale forums to see if anyones selling any, or go to www.whalentire.com or www.discounttiredirect.com and check out the Enkei RS-7's...DROOL!! IMO some very nice wheels...wish i had them...anyways...good luck. and yes, searching does help a lot...sometimes more than posting, so try using the search button once in a while.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,015 Posts
why did you help this dolt? peoples signatures are dedicated to this shit. If you even bothered to look in for sale you would have noticed there are people selling rims. Also a tube is a tube is a tube so no cai is any better than any other for our cars. Also no cai is "easy" on our cars, so before you hurt yourself, do some reaserch. Try the faq forum.


For the record soc_monkey, racinghart c4's and cr's are drool, no enkei compares! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,959 Posts
nickboch said:
oh I'm sorry, I thought intake would fall under engine performance...and as for the wheels, yeah I realize they should be in a different forum, but I figured why write two posts, when I figure, at least a few people, read more than one of the forums...so if you don't have anything helpful to say...just keep your sperm receptical closed...thanks chief...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 

·
I keep em comin back.....
Joined
·
3,205 Posts
altimate_racer said:
why did you help this dolt? peoples signatures are dedicated to this shit. If you even bothered to look in for sale you would have noticed there are people selling rims. Also a tube is a tube is a tube so no cai is any better than any other for our cars. Also no cai is "easy" on our cars, so before you hurt yourself, do some reaserch. Try the faq forum.


For the record soc_monkey, racinghart c4's and cr's are drool, no enkei compares! ;)

I have Racing Harts C-5's, excellent rims and very strong and lightweight. But Enkeis are quality wheels also. IMO both have some very good advantages. And Soc was just trying to help the guy out, after all, he did tell them to search at the end of his post.;)
 

·
Stringz of Death
Joined
·
2,481 Posts
BLACK SE said:
I have Racing Harts C-5's, excellent rims and very strong and lightweight. But Enkeis are quality wheels also. IMO both have some very good advantages. And Soc was just trying to help the guy out, after all, he did tell them to search at the end of his post.;)
thanks Black...

i helped the "dolt" out because if you remember back far enough, we used to all be Noobs and we all at one time or another asked something that could have been answered by searching or looking around the forums. right? sometimes the best way to get someone headed in the right direction is to give him some info, let him know NICELY that he can search the forums and find info, and above all, not be an ass to him because that just makes him fire back at you and he gets pissed and you get pissed etc...

and yes, Racing Harts are DAMN nice wheels, but a lot of times are out of the reach, financially, for many of us. Enkeis are good quality, and are decently priced, as are Konigs. Racing Harts, IMO, although great wheels, are a big too pricey for ME. i chose Enkei because of the reputation (and i took my time between them, some Konigs, and some Rotas) and im completely satisfied with my purchase, and i think they look excellent. i dont care if they compare to RH's or not...i get compliments on the wheels everywhere from lots of people, and if you saw how many people were riding around on Sear's special rims around here, youd have to admit i made a good decision.

so i hope you understand my reasoning for helping this "dolt" now, and also buying Enkei's and keeping the prices of stuff i buy at a reasonable level for myself (i dont have an 80+K a year job, people...). everyone has personal opinions on everything from wheels to intakes and everything else...:) i prefer Enkei.

and as Black said, i DID tell him he could SEARCH!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Soc knows what he's talking about...and if I could be referred to as Nickboch(Nick would do) instead of "dolt", that'd be much appreciated...I am a total noob to car modification, I don't have a job, I'm finishing college, and I don' t have any mechanical knowledge of cars...I rarely post anything, because I usually find what I'm looking for by searching or just reading the forums. I can't understand why people want to salad tossers and talk down to noobs like they're God...it just shows their ignorance and makes people wonder about their self esteem issues...I realize the veterans of the forums get tired of answering the same questions...but somebody answered their questions when they were noobs and probably didn't give them half as much grief...
Sorry, but @$$holes get me on my soapbox...thanks to everyone who didn't feel too put out to give me some helpful info...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top