The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you all think? i took off the resonator under the airbox, but there is still a good sixed one on the tubing connecting the throttle body to the airbox. i dont want to cut it off, should i take off the tubing and tape over the hole, so air goes striaght into the throttle body. i think a few strips of duct tape over the hole would do some good. any suggestions?

this resonator

·
est. 1973
2,884 Posts
As far as your question goes I would personally leave it alone. You did take the resonator out under the air cleaner in the wheel well. Just save a few bucks and you can get a CAI in awhile. I guess If you do cut it out It and dont like it you could always get the piece from a fellow member who got a CAI and does not need it.

·
1,873 Posts
nissan2k2 said:
what do you all think? i took off the resonator under the airbox, but there is still a good sixed one on the tubing connecting the throttle body to the airbox. i dont want to cut it off, should i take off the tubing and tape over the hole, so air goes striaght into the throttle body. i think a few strips of duct tape over the hole would do some good. any suggestions?

this resonator

get a Frankencar midpipe for about $50 or so
this will replace that segment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts