The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ItalianStallion
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would be better, a homemade cai or a daapter lpate and cone filter wai? also does putting in a k/n filter in the stock box really help? is it worth 35 bucks?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
domm said:
which would be better, a homemade cai or a daapter lpate and cone filter wai? also does putting in a k/n filter in the stock box really help? is it worth 35 bucks?
Well, out of those 2 options, i'd say custom cai. But if it were me, i'd spend the money for the PR CAI. It's worth every penny IMO.

The K&N filters are way better than stock ones. I'd get it if the least. Otherwise, get the CAI, comes with a K&N cone filter;)

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
I'm going with the homemade for now!

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
I spent $40 for a w.a.i. and it is killer. I was kind of strapped for cash so I couldn't afford the pr c.a.i. at the time. The drop in filter *K&N is better than the stock but there really isn't much of a difference. U can go ghetto style like *Suprstyl and saw-off the bottom end of your stock air box and make that a cheap intake! I guess being creative here is the key!:D

·
Banned
1 Posts
1fastaltima said:
if you're gonna do something, ...

DO IT RIGHT!!!!
not all of us have the $200 to do it right at the moment........the WAI works for me. I felt a difference when I put it in. When the money comes in, the CAI will be next.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
djsassan said:

not all of us have the $200 to do it right at the moment........the WAI works for me. I felt a difference when I put it in. When the money comes in, the CAI will be next.
so now you're spending more. You're buying 2 intakes instead of just one. In the long run, it's cheaper to wait another week or 2, and get the real deal. Patience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts