The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today I went to E-Town and its gota be one of the most amazing days yet. Saw some uncommon cars run...a chevette (or chevelle?) pulled somewhere in the range of 10-12. A truck (not a pickup...a TRUCK TRUCK...a rig without a trailer lol) was allowed to run too...he ran a [email protected] lol....first time ever seeing that. An Evolution ran a 15.2! :davey: . A WRX was 15.6 :davey: . A STi with some dyno shop stickers lost to some civic or equivlanet? :sad:
A 89 Supra ran [email protected]
An older Impala SS (94 or so with a LT1) was running 15.2 or so...he turned on his juice tank(175 shot) and ran a 12.7!!!! All stock motor and he's been doing it for years....amazing.
There were about 5 or 6 Honda s2000, they all ran 15s... and one guy had a 14.0xx and another a 14.7....everyone else was slow for some reason....people aint kidding about them being high revers...you can hear the engine all the way down the track (lol not a muscle car type sound though)
And here's one for you VQ fans...there was a supercharged 350z there...the car looked SWEET! He ran I believe a best of 12.9 or something today...he said his best is about a 12.5 I believe. A 3.5 Maxima (2002) ran a [email protected] beat him of course:) There were like 2 more Zs there, but I dont know what they ran...I assume the standard low-mid 14s. I've still to see any Altimas there...come on guys, some of you have to show up there sometime :cool:
Oh yeah and I got a new PB in the prix... [email protected] w/2.274 60' that was with a smaller pulley that I borrowed from a fellow gtp and race gas.(to avoid knock)
With my standard setup, I also got a PB [email protected] w/2.298 60' ( down from 14.39). Still working on those 60s...2.1 will definitely propell me into the high 13s :)
Putting in my new downpipe+ported manifolds hopefully next week and then I can safely drop a pulley size permanently(no race gas needed) and get solid 13s:)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
did u see my boys teal/greenish crx run 11.2? :D
and did u see my friends silver RHD evo5 run at all? i know he was there but i havent spoken to him today. wonder what times he ran today.

i would have been there but i had to stay home between the hours of 1pm and 5pm to wait for my insurance company to come fix my windshield.

i should be there on oct 2nd and/or 3rd so look for me. hopin to put down some decent times :)

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ERyNN29 said:
did u see my boys teal/greenish crx run 11.2? :D
and did u see my friends silver RHD evo5 run at all? i know he was there but i havent spoken to him today. wonder what times he ran today.

i would have been there but i had to stay home between the hours of 1pm and 5pm to wait for my insurance company to come fix my windshield.

i should be there on oct 2nd and/or 3rd so look for me. hopin to put down some decent times :)

I did see a blazing fast CRX there...maybe that was him (dont remember the times)...only silver Evo I saw run was the one that hit a 15.2 lol....I assume thats not him:)

I might be there the 2nd/3rd...but not sure if I'll be able to run, isnt it an import or compact car day or some such? my boat doesnt qualify as any of those unfortunately:(

·
Registered
314 Posts
I guess you went on the wrong day. Saturday, 9/11 was the EVO - STI shootout. The Evos dominated them. The fastest Evo was 10.5. There were many in the low 12s. It was Subaru slaughter day. none of the STIs hung with the modded evos, even upgraded turboed ones.

15.2 is very bad. We all know that's not a normal 1/4 mile run.

i saw a brand new C6 Vette run 14s on 3 passes at under 100 MPH. Gay.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
nice write up. sounds like a really fun day at the tracks. congrats on the really good times, you are almost in the 13s! haha i saw a rig truck race at fontana once. the only difference was that he ran 11s rather than 23s lol and he had huge turbos and nitros. poor guy got smoked by a 10 second sti that trapped 96mph! crazy low trap time.

hey vegas do you have a link to a writeup on that evo sti shoot out? im just wondering how each group did

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
nice pics... ohh man i feel sooo bad for that squirrel that the sti hit :(

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
nice writeup... I woulda figured your car alittle faster than that but still good runs... definately lowering the 60' would help alot... funny to hear about how the evo just kills the sti's all the time. Ironic about a c6 vette runnin 14s and trapping under 100.... NOT exactly what I would expect from one of those.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
nice writeup... I woulda figured your car alittle faster than that but still good runs... definately lowering the 60' would help alot... funny to hear about how the evo just kills the sti's all the time. Ironic about a c6 vette runnin 14s and trapping under 100.... NOT exactly what I would expect from one of those.

my car is capable of 13s for sure, its the driver thats the problem :bonk:
Most people with same modsas me are about 13.7-14.0 with the gtp...oh well, I guess practice makes perfect
the evos are nice(and I wish I had one lol), but i alwyas wonder how long will those motors last at their extreme boost levels...in a few years will we see them still rolling around like the early 90s turbo DSMs, or will they all be "retired" by then due to overboosting and too many high rpm launches?
Yeah the vette at 14.00....god what an embarassment

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
gunslash said:
Oh yeah and I got a new PB in the prix... [email protected] w/2.274 60'
Supercharged V6 and it still cant beat an All Motor 4cyl. Altima .... :p

Just playin with ya , killer times and sounds like you had a great day at the drags !!

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SHAWN said:
gunslash said:
Oh yeah and I got a new PB in the prix... [email protected] w/2.274 60'
Supercharged V6 and it still cant beat an All Motor 4cyl. Altima .... :p

Just playin with ya , killer times and sounds like you had a great day at the drags !!

haha what can I say, I drive a boat, and it takes a lot to get it moving :)

As long as its fun, when it stops being fun, I will buy me a minivan, marry a fat woman, and live a content life.
(I think thats what SWT did, since I dont see him posting racing stories anymore) :wall:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
hey practice makes perfect... or breaks alot of stuff... either way its fun, well maybe not fun on the pocketbook. But breaking stuff is always a excuse to buy more toys :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts